Chapter 23

Tahleea's POV

After dinner, we made our way home. I expected to see the trio, but Dre said they were spending time with my parents. We needed a little privacy to talk.

"Can we continue our conversation please?"

I stood at the bathroom sink removing makeup to prepare to do my skincare. I looked through the mirror at my husband. After all this time, he's acting like he's really ready to talk.

"Yes, we can continue."

"Well, are you going to tell me what's going on with you?"

"Dre did you think I was going to remain in the dark pit while you continue to walk around living your best life. You act like I should be ok with your infidelity just because you gave me a reason as to why you do it. It's bullshit Dre. You lied to me saying you were going through therapy to learn how to control those urges, but I don't believe tha-."

"Tee I was in therapy and I was controlling my urges!"

"Were you? When was the last time you've been with Macy?"

He stood silent.

"Don't answer because you'll lie and I'll know it. So you see it's not that I'm withdrawing, I've made promises to myself that I plan on keeping. I'm slowly but surely getting Tahleea back and that scares you a little. We both know the ending. It's inevitable Dre. When we got back together before we married, I thought you were ready for me. I thought you were ready to give to me as much as you knew I'd give to you. I guess for a while, you were, but for some reason you had a back slide moment and couldn't make your way back to our vows. When you laid with Macy again, you knew that you'd gone back on your promise to me, the only thing I asked of you, I needed to be your only. I've told you from the very beginning of our relationship that I don't share. I don't give a fuck about your sexual aggression, because as you can see, I was willing to step outside of my comfort zone to please you. Then you started treating me like some whore on the street. Making me do things to myself while you watched."

I felt the anger roll up to my throat and the tears of anger and hurt came rushing towards my eyes. I tried my best to hold them down but nothing I did held them back.

"The evening we were supposed to spend together, you fucked me with a damn dildo and watched me please myself, never touching me Dre. How the hell do you think I felt? I'm your wife and you didn't even make love to me. At that point I would have been alright with you fucking me in the ass, but you sat in the damn chair and masturbated while watching me. Yes I checked out, because I needed my husband inside of me, making love to me. Did you even notice the moment that I checked out?"

Again, he stood not saying a word. I've been holding all of this in for a while. I've walked around unhappy and angry far too long.

"Then you left. It was supposed to be our evening alone, but something more important than me came up. You left without even saying I love you."

"Tee I'm sorry, when they called me about an urgent issue at the club, I just wanted to hurry to get it cleared so I could come back home to you. I knew you were upset with me and I felt like an asshole for doing that."

See now I got to let him know I'm not a fool and he's a liar.

"Well I guess whatever was going on at the club wasn't that urgent, because you stopped by Macy's house firs-."

"Here we go with someone telling you lie-."

"No Dre! No one told me anything. I had a gut feeling and acted upon it. I drove up on you myself. You see I know you. Remember we're not new to this."