Chapter 22

Later that night, Dre came home. Me and my trio were already in bed. He walked into the bedroom and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. Not particularly in the mood to talk to him once he returned, I grabbed my Bose headphones, connected them to my cell phone and turned on my music. I fluffed my pillow and pulled the covers over my head.

Tahlese had talked to him hours ago. I know he's the co-owner of a nightclub, but that doesn't mean he has to hang out every night. That's why you hire a management staff. He finally came back into the room and got in bed scooting right under me. I had no wiggle room or else I'd be on the floor. I removed my headphones and turned around to look at him.

"Can you move over? It's too hot to be lying under me."

"I'll adjust the temperature." He said.

I rolled my eyes.

"No need to adjust the temperature, just move over."

He looked at me for a second. Then he smiled. Dammit he still gets me with his smile.

"You are so sexy when you're upset."

"I'm not upset. It's hot and I don't need you under me."

He moved over a few inches then grabbed me by my waist and pulled me towards him.

"Now I'm not under you, you're under me and that's how I want it."

This man is trying to play tricks with my mind and heart. I turned off my music and placed my headphones and cell phone on the nightstand. Before I could settle on the end of the bed, Dre pulled me back under him.

"Tee, I told you that I want you to be close to me."

He started kissing the back of my neck. His ass still hadn't noticed I'd cut my hair. He then propped himself up on his elbow and rolled me onto my back.

"Baby, I know you're upset with me. Since the crowd has been picking up at both clubs, Ben and I have had to spend long hours making sure we have enough security, inventory, and staff on hand."

I just looked at him because I wondered how much of the late nights are spent handling business at the clubs or handling business with Macy. Trying to turn back on my side, he rolled me onto my back again.

"Dre, what do you want me to say? You said you're handling business so all I can do is take you at your word."

"Tee, I can tell that you're upset so let's talk. I don't want to go to sleep knowing you're upset with me."

"I have to be at the office a little early tomorrow and I'm tired. We can talk some other time."

I turned over and pulled the covers over my shoulder.

"I love you so much Tee. Goodnight." He kissed me on the cheek and spooned me.

"I love you too Dre."

It wasn't a lie. I love him so much that it hurts.

"I love your new hair style."

Well he did notice. We snuggled up and fell asleep.

The next few days were hectic. I had several new clients that Darah and I had to enter into our database, contracts to read over, presentations to schedule and I still had not scheduled my photo shoot for the Fortune 500 magazine.

As I had a headache coming on, my desk phone rang .

"TDL Logics, Tahleea Hassan speaking. How may I help you?"

"You have not eaten lunch, so I suggest you stop what you're doing and go to the cafeteria to grab something."

"How do you know I haven't eaten Jaxon?"