In love with the sick boy you met at the hospital - Felix

The first time you saw Felix, he was smiling. It made you wonder how a simple smile could radiate so much warmth and kindness. The sight alone had filled your heart with a feeling like no other.

- 5 months ago -

That day, you went to the hospital to visit your younger brother. He was 10 years old and had breathing problems ever since he was little. While most kids who developed such type of illnesses grew to overcome them, Hajun's only got worse, to the point he had to stay hospitalized for a few weeks so the doctors could help him with it.

You tried to see him often because he complained on how lonely it was to be there surrounded by only adults and medical equipment. So here you were now, asking the nurse that was tidying his empty bed where he had gone off to.

"Oh! Hajun just went to the courtyard for some fresh air. You can go find him outside," she happily replies.

You thanked her before exiting and made your way to the doors that lead to his location. The sun's bright rays greeted you upon seeing a new guest outdoors.

Indeed, you soon caught the figure of a small boy sitting by the grass. You were glad to see the joyful expression on his face. But then you noticed he was not alone.

To your surprise, across from him sat a man much older, yet still looked quite young. He might've been around your age actually. As you got closer, you could hear them converse excitedly over many topics that interested your brother. The way the man spoke sounded so genuinely invested on getting to know more about what he liked and his hobbies. You watched the scene for a few minutes from a distance, before deciding to join in.

"Hajun!" You called out, sending a wave when he turned his head around. Immediately, the smile on his face grew.

'Noona!!" He got up and ran towards you, hugging your torso tightly. "I missed you! I'm so happy you came, there's someone I wanted you to meet!"

Letting you go, he grabbed your hand and pulled you back to where he was sitting earlier. The man stood up and bowed towards you.

"Noona, this is Felix! He was the one who kept me company whenever you were gone. Did you know he's Australian?? He's super cool and nice, I'm sure you'll like him as much as I do!!"

For a second, you were astonished when seeing his smile right in front of your eyes. It looked so pretty, matching the pureness in his facial features.

"You must be Hajun's older sister, it's nice to finally meet you. He's always talking about how smart and caring you are," Felix giggled and held his hand out between you.

"Nice to meet you too. Thank you for cheering him up when I couldn't," you shook his hand. His touch was warm and firm against your skin. Everything about him seemed so sweet, you couldn't help but be relieved that your brother made friends with someone like him. He would be a good person to trust.

After that day, you would see him more and more often playing with Hajun, and every time you did, your heart felt at ease. Felix was gentle, and his soul was even softer. Soon, you found yourself visiting both him and Hajun regularly, no matter if they were together or not. Sometimes you would chat with him as he laid in his bed, learning more about who he was each time. But unfortunately, that's how you found out why he was hospitalized in the first place.

Felix had coronary heart disease, which meant he would frequently get heart attacks because his blood vessels couldn't supply enough blood to where he needed it most. When you heard him explain it, you were speechless. How could such a kind soul be dying from heart failure? It was unfair. Perhaps you were more shocked because you didn't want to believe him. You didn't want to believe the boy you caught feelings for was suffering.