When he gets rejected by the popular girl pt.3 - Felix

Felix's eyes widened and he stared at you in shock. He didnt expect to hear that from you, and out of nowhere at that.

"You... You like someone!?!?" He nearly yells, making you wince and slowly nod your head. "Wow, you've never had a crush on anyone before!! This is new, but you know I'll always support you!!! So, who's the lucky guy?"

He smiled brightly, excited to hear more about your feelings for whoever was able to win your heart.

Seeing him so excited about it made your gut wrench. He didn't seem saddened by the confession at all, as if he was genuinely happy for your love interest. Did he not have the slightest clue that it was him? Maybe....

Maybe he really doesn't like you the way you wanted him to.

"It's a secret," you playfully teased him to cover up the immense pain you were feeling.

Sitting up while bringing your knees to your chest, you look into the far distance where the stars disappeared in a winding river.

"Aw, whyy??" Felix whined, exaggerating his pout even more. "Atleast tell me what he's like!! And what about him made you fall in love~"

You took your bottom lip in-between your teeth, nibbling at it distract yourself from the waterfall of tears you were holding back.

"He's super sweet.... cuddly..... and just.... a whole ass baby I need to take care of," you softly giggled despite how fake your happiness was.

Felix raises an eyebrow at your response before breaking into an adorable grin, the adorable grin you've always admired.

"Whoever this guy is must be special to have you say that about him. I know you're not one to love people easily. You need to grow comfortable around them until you're able to open up. For you to call him a baby," he pauses for a few seconds before bringing his face dangerously close to yours. "You must reallyyy like him."

The laugh he emits catches you off guard and you blush, although it was too dark for him to notice it.

Stop making me feel like this, you thought as you looked away.

"Have you confessed to him yet? Knowing you, you probably haven't," he shook his head while pretending to be dissapointed, like a parent to their immature child. "What's the reason though? You're so lovable!! I'm sure you have a chance!!!"

His words were honest, yet you wished they were true instead. A chance. You wanted that chance, even if it was so small that it seemed impossible to succeed. If only he didn't hold that sisterly love for you, if only you hadn't become best friends with him, then maybe you'd actually be someone he was able to fancy.

"I don't think they like me back lix. I'm scared- no wait, I'm terrified of being rejected. The thought itself makes me feel...." you clenched your fists until your knuckles turned white.

"...Pathetic."

Felix chuckles sadly, eyes looking downward at your remark. "Yeah, I know how that feels."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that!" You immediately apologized as you knew it was hard for him to move on from Kiara. After all, she said some brutal things that never left his mind.

"It's fine. You do what you think is right, okay? I'm not sure if confessing is the best decision, but don't keep it all to yourself forever. Let 'em out and tell him one day, and if you aren't ready now, then you can talk to me about him. I've always wondered what your future boyfriend would be like!!" He patted your head, his fingers rustling through your hair which messed it up a bit.