I didn't want to listen to your sorry - Jisung

2 months ago.
"Hey Ji, do you wanna come over and watch a movie together? We haven't hung out for a while now because of our studies for exams, but I'm taking a break right now," you spoke over the phone, waiting for his reply.

"Oh... uh, well..." he pauses for a few seconds in uncertainty. "Sorry babe, I'm busy. Maybe next time?"

Your smile fell and instead, it was replaced with disappointment. Out of all the answers he could've given, that one was the one you hated to hear most. But you still kept the same cheerful tone as before to not make him feel bad.

"Sure, that's alright. Call me when you're free alright? I love you."

"Yeah, of course... I uh, I love you too."

He immediately hung up right after that and you sat there alone, sighing to yourself. Again and again, over and over, that dreadful sorry was all you ever heard anymore. It's been that way for the past few weeks.

What happened? Why wasn't he as affectionate as before? Was it you? So many thoughts of yours were haunting you, stuck on why your boyfriend was being so closed nowadays.

You missed him. The old him that would take you out on all sorts of dates, make jokes all the time, and mess around like the free-willed boy he was. It felt like he didn't care anymore.

Wait. What if... No, it couldn't be! But... It made sense...

What if he really didn't?

Your eyes started to water, a moment of silence passing over you when you finally realized that– that...

Han Jisung no longer loved you.

1 month ago.
You've tried to always laugh. To avoid bringing forward your time limit. It was bound to come one day, and you were aware of that when he asked you out.

Yet knowing his feelings had disappeared already, you didn't want to cry, even if you failed sometimes.

"Hey y/n, you okay? You've been staring into nowhere for a while now," Jisung's voice snapped you back into reality and a part of you were glad he noticed your lost behaviour, but a different part of you was disappointed from his choice of words.

Y/n. He wasn't wrong, that was your name. You just wondered what happened to 'babe', 'baby', 'love', or any other sweet petname he used in the past. Did he grow out of that too? So many things are getting forgotten—your cuddles, the way he holds your hand, his clinginess, and now this. At least he agreed this time to go on a date, but still...

Gosh, you wished this wasn't happening. Everything was going to work out, right? He wouldn't leave you... He promised! He promised... and would never lie...

That's what you wanted to believe at least.

3 weeks ago.
Jisung frolicked like a child through the vibrant display of flowers covering the ground. The field stretched widely over the land and right in front of you sat a variety of bold purple, soft pink, and light lavender blossoms. Your ears listened to the faint sound of bees rushing around to collect their pollen as you breathed in the sweet smell in the air.

It felt so calming to be in that moment with him. His smile as he ran and admired each and every little thing there made your heart flutter.

"Cutie," you softly laughed to yourself, knowing he was too focused to hear you. "Don't you know I love you? I don't want to let you go, I hope you feel the same..."

Jisung's head poked up from the grass and he turned to look at you, sending an over-excited wave, completely oblivious to the small tears in your eyes.