The girl in his dreams - Jeongin

Jeongin hurriedly went to bed, tucking under the covers as he closed his eyes shut. He couldn't wait to fall asleep, because when he did, he would see you again. The girl of his dreams, or should he say, in his dreams.

-----

"Y/n! Where are you?" The boy yelled as he walked across the fluffy white clouds—the sky blushing a rosy pink color that made the scenery calmer, matching the beating of his heart steadily.

After searching for around 10 minutes, there he saw you. You stood with your back facing him as your gaze admired the infinite landscape basically pulled straight out from a fantasy novel. The locks of your hair blew in the shallow wind slowly, the exact definition of elegance and beauty. Within seconds, you felt his presence and turned around immediately.

"Jeongin!!" Your lips curved upward into a bright smile before you ran toward him quickly, jumping into his warmly familiar arms.

He spun you around while laughing freely. Oh how he wished he could be with you all the time just like this, however due to his misfortune, that wish couldn't come true.

"Did you miss me?" He pinches your cheek while admiring how cute you always looked.

"Of course I did! It gets lonely when you're gone..." you pout. "Don't act like you didn't miss me aswell!! It's obvious you like me as much as I like you!"

"Yeah, you're right," he scratches the back of his head. "You're always wearing a different dress whenever I see you."

You look at yourself and notice that he was right.

"Well this is your dream where I live, I don't have much control over the world," you took a few steps back before twirling around, enjoying the breeze that hit your face.

Jeongin looked at you sadly. His dream was like a fantasy, a perfect dimension that everyone wanted to be in. He didn't know why it was like that, but ever since 5 months ago, he would sleep and wake up in this world. The world where he met you, the love of his life. But you can't leave, since you were basically his imagination. You didn't exist in reality, and that broke his heart. He fell in love with a girl who lives in his mind, what a sad story he has.

"Innie? You're staring again," you stopped your movements, knowing why he would continuously be lost in thought. "You're thinking that you want me to be real, aren't you?"

Jeongin started to cry at your words. You were well aware about the truth of what you really were. Just a character made from fiction.

"You know I love you, and I'll always love you, so why not enjoy the time we have right now?" You walked up to him before standing on your tippy toes and pecking his lips.

"You're going to disappear one day..." he hiccups while clenching his fists tightly. "I don't want you to go!! Why can't you exist in real life?!? Why do you appear in my dreams and not in reality!?!!"

You looked at him with hurt eyes. Should you tell him what you always wanted to say? You couldn't handle it any longer and grabbed his hand with yours, intertwining your fingers together.

"Jeongin, the girl that you see me as did exist in your world," you bit your bottom lip.

"What?" He asks you in disbelief. "What do you mean? No there isn't!"

You sighed and held back the tears that threatened to fall. Pain was an understatement of what you were feeling right now.

"Innie, who am I to you?"

He seems taken aback by your question, before answering confidently.

"The girl who I love with all of my heart. The girl who I can't live without. The girl who I desire to be with for eternity."

Those words held no lie; you could tell just by how desperate he sounded. But there was something else behind it.

"Are you sure? Are you sure that it's me and not Choi Miyoung?" Your voice cracked when you spoke her name.

Jeongin's eyes widened and he froze. A minute passes and he didn't know what to say.

"H-how do you know her name...." he stutters out in a shaky breath.

"One day, I saw all of your memories. Every single thing that happened to you... including the day when your girlfriend died."

Silence.

He looked scared. How was that possible? How could you know so much?

"I don't know how I saw your memories, I just did," you admitted. "But you don't see me as y/n, do you? I'm just Miyoung's replacement... So the hole in your heart can be filled!!! That's all I am!!"

You let your frustration out in loud sobs and yells, not caring if he saw you like this.

"That's... That's not true–" he tries to convince you but you let go of his hand and back away.

"Then tell me what is!!!" You cried, tears streaming down your face. "You've asked me before why I appeared in your dreams since that random day.... Isn't it obvious?"

You weakly laughed, finding it hard to tell the one you loved the truth.

"It was the same date when Miyoung died. One year after her death, after all the suffering you had to go through, your mind made up a new girl to take her place. And that was me."

Jeongin's breath hitched and he swallowed nervously. Was that really why you would show up? Why you would make him so happy when you were together? That smile you had on your face, it reminded him so much of someone else's. Maybe you were right, but he felt so bad believing it.

"I can't keep this up Innie. I hate how I'm supposed to pretend to be okay with this when I'm not. I want to be loved by you for being me, not for being like Miyoung. Even if I'm not real, I'm a person too. I have emotions, a personality, a consciousness, just like any other human being does!!" You held your body with your arms as you kept your eyes closed.

"Y-y/n, I never meant to make you feel this way," he started to apologize but then he stopped. "Wait, what's happening to you?!"

A bright glow envelops you before you slowly began to disappear in sparkles.

"Looks like my times up," you smiled sadly. "I'm afraid that this'll be our last goodbye."

"W-what?! You're not leaving me, are you?" He ran to you and held your body close to him. "Please don't go!!! I'm sorry!! I'm sorry for making you feel like a replacement!!!! I love you y/n!! I love you so much that I don't think I can live without you–"

You immediately kissed him to shut him up, knowing that you would completely disappear in less than a few seconds. When you pull apart, you giggled quietly.

"I'm glad you finally said it to me. Remember that I'm y/n and no one else. Same for the next girl you love. Make sure she knows how much she means to you, and don't love her because she's similar to me or Miyoung. Find someone who'll help you move on from us both."

And like that, you were gone.

-----

Jeongin sits up in bed with a cold sweat on his forehead. Looking at the time, it was now a new day. The day after your death. He knew now that, you were real all this time— within his heart.