When he gets rejected by the popular girl pt.8 - Felix

You blinked a few times as the name rung through your ears like the sound of a bell, shock seeping through your veins.

"Hyunjin...? What do you mean he helped you?"

"Well, it happened a week ago," Felix began to explain. "We hang out sometimes whenever he's not busy with you. But what caught my attention is how he always looks at me with this concerned expression when I talk about Kiara. I've asked what's wrong yet the only answer I got was, 'it's nothing. Until one day, he became honest. He told me exactly what you said about how Kiara's faking her love for me. How she doesn't care for me in any way like I hope she would. It all sounded like a made up story—to me atleast. Of course, I didn't believe him. Like I didn't believe you...."

A sigh falls from his lips and he runs a hand through his hair in regret.

"I thought he would stop there, except... he didn't. He pulled his phone out and handed it to me. When I saw the screen, a video was playing. It was completely pitch black, but the sound of voices broke the silence. It was Hyunjin. And he was questioning Kiara. He told her to stop messing with me to get what she wanted. She said no... and then continued to go on about how easy it was to control me. All of her confession was recorded 'cause she didn't know his microphone was picking everything up from the inside of his pocket. I-It was hard for me to accept it. I honestly was.... surprised. I know, I know, I'm an idiot for not realizing sooner. But what surprised me the most, was the reason why he did it."

Your ears immediately perked up in curiosity, anticipating what Felix was going to say next.

"It was all for you."

Hearing those words made your heart race unexpectedly.

"All.... for me?" You asked in a hushed and confused tone.

"I don't know what he meant by it, but yeah, that's what he said to me. It was something about 'making you feel a little bit better than you were before'."

Suddenly, a memory came flashing back to you in the split of a second.

"You okay y/n?" Hyunjin's voice reached out to you whose face was still buried into your pillow.

You didn't bother to reply so you simply gave him a muffled 'I'm fine'. Rolling his eyes, he got up from across the room and sat down beside you on your bed, placing a hand on your back to let you know that you're not alone.

"Come on, we both know you're not. There's no reason for you to lie to me. I'm always here to listen, so don't be afraid to talk."

In a way, you found yourself comforted by his words, his touch, his presence, and most of all, him. This feeling wasn't completely new to you though. There once was someone else who did the same. There once was someone else there, who held your hand in his and leaned his cheek against your skin. He would sit across from you. This was... different.

"It... It's Felix," you admitted with guilt looming over your head. "I'm sorry, I know I keep on mentioning him–"

"Hey, what are you apologizing for?" He interrupted you with a raised eyebrow.

"It's just... I don't want you to get hurt because you have to hear me ramble so much about the guy I still kinda like... after all, you have a crush on me yet I'm here throwing my problems at you...."