Incomprehensible

Sunday afternoon found Becky laying with her legs dangling over the arm of the sofa, her head in Jacks lap while he idly played with her hair watching a true crime documentary on Netflix, something else they apparently had in common.

Becky was wearing leggings that belonged to Jack's sister, she'd been incredibly dubious when Jack had said one of the spare bedrooms was full of stuff belonging to his sister "your sister? Yeah right!?" She'd said.

"Nah I promise ya, look...."

He'd given her a tour of the spare bedroom, which was a tip, and definitely looked like it was shared by a couple, complete with photos of the couple....."does her boyfriend look a bit like you Jack?"

"Wot? Nah? I don' see it?"

Apparently the boyfriend had been working in Manchester and Jack thought it would be cool for him to stay over and they could hang out and play FIFA, but his sister had tagged along and trashed his spare room.

So Jack had decided Becky should borrow whatever she needed "I bloody paid for most o'it anyways!"

Becky had borrowed some leggings and worn her own knickers (which she had hand washed and chucked in Jacks tumble dryer while they had shared a bath and had sex, again)  and opted for one of Jacks t-shirts which was massive on her, but she liked it.

She had borrowed a hair tie, deodorant and some moisturiser as well and figured in a girls together way, his sister really wouldn't mind.

They'd found themselves discussing anything and everything, favourite board games growing up (Jack cluedo, Becky Uno - which Jack claimed he'd never played) rating ice cream flavours (both mint first, banana last)
Favourite films, best holidays, favourite animals.....

Becky started to feel sleepy, she was so cosy and relaxed in Jacks lap and his hand at her head was so soothing.

"Hey sleepy don' go to sleep" he poked her in the ribs

"Ow! Why?"

"Cos.....hang on I got anotha surprise for ya!"

He shoved Becky into a sitting position and ran back out of the room into the hall.

He was gone for several moments. Becky wondered if she should find him.

Suddenly the lights went off and Jack started singing a very out of tune rendition of 'happy birthday' as he entered the room carrying a chocolate birthday cake. His face illuminated by what Becky assumed was 27 candles.

Becky started crying.

Jack nearly dropped the cake with how quick he dumped it on the kitchen island and rushed to her side, kneeling in front of her.

"Oh no, I'm sorry bab, wot 'ave I done? Is it too much? Ova the top? It's a bit much innit? Ya not allergic to chocolate are ya? Shit, it's jus', well ya can't not 'ave a birthday cake on ya birthday......."

Becky looked at him all red eyed and blotchy and laughed at his ramblings.
"I'm crying because I'm happy you twat! It's amazing, I can't believe you've done all this, and you didn't even know for sure I'd even be here! You've done so much and it's not like we even really know each other"

"Nah will ya stop sayin' that? I feel like I know ya! We've been messaging total shit to each other for almost a year Becks......I mean I know ya cat hates fish..... an' did ya book ya MOT?"

Becky laughed and wiped her eyes "spoken like a true boyfriend"

Jack's eyes went wide.

Shit.