Birthday

Becky woke first, the room was in darkness, but the clock next to her told her it was nearly 10am.  Jack must have closed the curtains afterall at some point.

Jack was soundly sleeping, and she didn't want to disturb him, but she'd never been one for laying in bed once she was awake.

She went into the bathroom and washed her face, removing the panda eyes. At least, having seen her at work, he'd already seen her minus make up several times.

She grabbed her knickers and put them on, but decided against putting her dress back on. Instead she crept back into the bedroom and claimed the t-shirt Jack had been wearing last night. It smelt of him.
Devine.

She crept out of the bedroom gently closing the door behind her.

She picked her bag up from the hall and continued into the open plan kitchen/diner/lounge.

It wasn't overly huge, but it was very impressive, with large full length Windows giving her a panoramic view of the city.

She turned her attention to the kitchen and filled the kettle.
Opening the fridge she found some milk. The rest of the fridge was incredibly sparse, but what was there was very healthy.

Teabags, where would he keep teabags.....she opened the cupboard directly above the kettle and was pleased to see the teabags and mugs.

Spoon.....she opened the messiest cutlery draw she'd  ever seen in her life, and that included staff and student kitchens....who doesn't have a cutlery tray? Surely a flat of this calibre would at least come a cutlery tray?

Becky sat on the sofa turned to her phone. 3% battery. She leaned over the sofa. Of course there was a charger plugged in next to the most worn looking seat.

She smiled reading through her birthday messages and texts.

She replied to Liam assuring him she was fine, had had a wonderful night and Jack was not secretly a weird physcopath.

She glanced around, the apartment was very clean, the kitchen spotless, the windows gleaming, floor sparkling, but it was typically messy, empty glasses on the coffee table, jumpers dumped on the dining table paperwork left on the sofa.

She bet he had a cleaner, someone to come in and clean and in-between visits the 'stuff' probably built up.
She glanced at the paperwork next to her, it was a monthly calendar print out on Manchester city headed paper.
It had his fixtures and training schedule colour coded. Scrawled in his handwriting he'd written 'chinawhite' across the match details for yesterday and on today 'becks bday' she smiled, so he had actually known it was today.
At the bottom of the page was more handwriting 'CW' plus a phone number and '12+5 10pm' then underneath another phone number that she recognised as Liam's.
So Liam had got Jack to book them into chinawhite.
She smiled at how sweet he was.
She noticed the next appointment detailed was Tuesday '7am Training'.

In front of the TV there was two photos, one of him with his family, his parents, brother and two sisters. The other was of him holding a fluffy dog. The dog he had had with his ex she remembered.

Strewn along the floor in front of the TV were a pile of games and game controllers.

She smiled to herself, his basic-ness actually a stark contrast to the luxurious flat.

"Mornin' beautiful" came his deep voice from the doorway.
She turned, he was naked but for his pants "ya alright? How long ya been up?"

"Only half hour, hope you don't mind I made myself a cup of tea"

"Course I don' mind, silly"

She watched him pour himself some orange juice.
"Jack? Did Liam ask you to book last night for him?"