Chapter 33: Short tale from a Short break!

Start from the beginning

Doesn't sound too hard. I'll look forward to burning that forest down. For now we wait but the second I get the order to kill, I think I'll have some fun.

Hitoshi POV:

I did it! I passed my exams and now I'm being transferred to the hero course. All that work, the weeks of training, it paid off. I was sent a letter this morning telling me that I would accompany class 1-A and 1-B for the training camp. The letter told me to pack lightly, only a backpack and duffel bag.

What I think makes me the happiest though is the fact I'll be transferring to class 1-A and no one gets kicked out. I don't want to be the kid who gets someone moved to the position I was. Besides, 21 isn't such a big change from 20.

When my parents get home they'll be so excited. I told them some about my training but this will make them proud. It's only 4:30 pm so mom will be home at 5:30 and dad at 7:00. I'll order us some dinner, maybe a celebration dinner or sorts!

Then my phone buzzes.

Izuku:
Is it okay if I add you
to a group chat? Now that
You're going to be in
1-A.

Oh yeah I forgot I called him as soon as I got the letter.

:You
Yeah sounds good

Izuku:
Okay! :-)

Unknown number:
Izuku who tf is that?

Unknown number:
Jskjd Bakugou what it's
a teacher or smthing

Tsu🐸:
It's not, it's Shinso!
Does this mean you
passed and joined 1-A
Ribbit?

:You
Yeah, I scored enough
to get me transferred.

Unknown number:
That's awesome! This is
Uraraka btw.

Unknown number:
That's wonderful news Shinso!
I can't wait to be your
classmate. This is Tenya Iida.

:You
Thanks

Unknown number:
This Yaoyorozu, I can't wait
for you to join class either! ❤️

It feels nice to be a part of something.

We ended up doing a group FaceTime and talked for an hour. Some of class A is better than others but they all seemed happy for me. I'm not sure if I'll get too close to them but I think it's safe to say we're friends.

Katsuki:

Damn class. They keep texting me while I'm training. I failed the exam. I didn't do enough so now I have to train harder. Eraserhead beat me, and so did my team. They did better than me.

'You should have listened to their plan.'

His voice echoes in my head. Even if I hate to admit it, I need better teamwork skills. They had a plan. I just moved without much thinking. I can't always rely on my quirk all the time, so I need to be more cooperative.

I hate thinking about that. Maybe I'm not good enough on my own so I need help. Why couldn't I beat them all?

I clear my head and return to the weights. I've been training here since I heard I failed. This gym is in my neighborhood and has plenty of weights and equipment. After I finish lifting I do a lap around the track. Whenever I feel like taking a break, I push myself harder. I can't let my class beat me.

I won't let them be better than me. Even if that means working with them.

Shouta POV:

"Good night papa." Izuku hugs me tightly.

"Good night Izu." I hug him back and watch him go up towards his room.

Lately Izuku's been referring to me as Papa and Hizashi as Dad. As sentimental as it is and I'm glad he's really warmed up to us, I can tell he's afraid. I'm not sure of what. The moment I met him he had fear stalled in his eyes.

"Finished grading the last of the English exams!" Hizashi sings.

"Nice. Come here." I lower my voice.

"Hm?" He sits next to me.

"Tsukauchi called me, said that Midoriya is possibly working in the league of villains." I whisper.

"I-what does it... are they after Izuku?" He asks.

"We don't know yet." I mumble.

We sat in silence for a bit. Eventually Hizashi gets up to check on Izuku. I can tell he's just as worried as me. The league was incredibly strong the first time we fought them, if they're after Izuku then they must have gotten stronger. And thanks to the sports festival, they know he's quirkless.

I'm not sure what I can do but I know I have to protect my family. Izuku can't possibly take another thing to worry about, so for now it will remain a secret. For some extra protection, since the L.O.V. is after one of my kids, I'll request to bring Present Mic and Snipe. They had the best quirks to fight during the USJ attack, so it makes sense to bring them.

I hope the league can mind their own business though so the first years don't have to go through all of that again.

A/N: Next chapter is the first training session in the training camp arc! I hope you enjoyed this. It was 1505 words long!