Chapter 28

DIGGY

I am currently making breakfast for Eli right now cause he's usually always the one cooking so I decided to change things for today. Today is also a very important and special day. I comfortably set the table and cook the food while wearing one of Eli's hoodies. I walk out on the back patio and I feel how chill and warm it is outside.

I was really thankful to see this day and Im just glad I survived another night without something traumatizing happening. I walk back into the house and I take the biscuits out of the oven and I prepare the other food. I felt a certain someone jumping on my leg.

I looked down to see Rocky jumping up for my attention. I give him some table scraps and I start my day off with a good vibe. I smell the sweet aroma of food and I hear the mellow sounds of Mariah Carey, Faith Evans, Prince, and Tevin Campbell playing in the background on our Alexa speaker.

I stand there on my phone for a bit till I feel something pulling on my hoodie. I felt a familiar muscular chest press against my back. I felt a familiar arm wrap around my stomach.

"Buenos Dias, Mi Amor." Eli spoke softly and sexy in a low tone.

"Good morning my love, I like it." I say as I turn around and I am met with his handsome chocolate face.

"Today's the big day." Eli spoke.

"I know, Happy Birthday honey." I reply.

"Naw, today is about us. Its our 1 year anniversary today." Eli said.

"I didn't forget, and I am happy to see we made it through one year." I responded.

I saw that Eli was shirtless wearing only grey sweatpants with no underwear underneath them. I could see his really defined print as he sat there and talked to me.

"How do you feel?" Eli asked me.

"I feel really good, I already know today is gonna be great." I say. "How bout you?"

"I feel amazing." Eli said as he picked me up and spun me around in his arms. "I feel really accomplished."

"Well that's good babe." I replied. "So what are you thankful for this year?"

"Im just glad to know I made it you know?" Eli said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"This year was one of the hardest years of my life." I moved the hair out of his face and I was able to see more of his eyes.

"I know what you mean." I agreed.

"But just to know that Im 19 now and I have so much going for me right now, its mind blowing." He answered.

"And Im so proud of you babe." I complemented him.

"I thank you for helping me and standing by me." He said as he kissed my head.

"But it's like for the first time in my life I actually have something for myself than just people." Eli said.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"Well you know I have Avery, Drew, Dallas, and Jacob. And even though they are but I feel like for the first time I actually have a real family." Eli stated.