Chapter 26

DIGGY

"Yeah we're fine except for the fact that my water just broke and the baby is coming." Avery responded.

"Okay I'll be on the way." I heard Eli speak with a grin.

As Eli hung up his phone we all shared looks and we all started jumping and celebrating. "Yay." I heard Jacob say as he hugged Dallas.

"My son is almost here." Eli says while lifting me up as I wrapped my legs around him. I held his face as he looked into my eyes. I felt him place a kiss on my lips and I quickly hugged him.

"Im so happy for you bae." I replied.

I quickly picked out some clothes and we all piled up into Dallas's car. I looked out the window and started to think about how it would feel to have a baby in the house.

"Hey you alright Diggy?" Eli said as he grabbed my hand.

"Yeah, just thinking." I respond.

"About?" He egged me to keep going.

"Just thinking are you sure you're ready for a baby, having to wake up out of sleep for crying and diapers and feeding, just the thought of having to take care of a baby." I said.

"I know all that does seem like a lot and it's gonna be a task, but think about the joy that comes with having a baby." I listened to Eli.

"Well that does sound like a lot of fun." I said.

"And plus it'll be like you've always wanted. We will finally have our own family." He spoke as he gripped my hand a little firmer.

I smiled as I grabbed his hand back. I looked at him with a smile. "Well that's nice, cause all Ive ever wanted was the family with the love of my life." I spoke.

"And just think maybe this baby can help us not only as a family but can help me get closer to you." Eli whispered seductively as he moved his hand down and squeezed my thigh and moved it closer to my hot spot.

"I like the sound of that." I smiled as I bit my bottom lip while looking at him.

He placed a kiss on my head and I layed my head on his chest. I fiddled with his fingers as I thought a bit more about what he would look like and who he would take after and who he would cling to more, things like that.

We pulled up to the hospital and we jumped out of the car and rushed in. We quickly walked to the front desk noticing that Drew was already there waiting on us. I looked over and he just gave me a death stare.

"Hello name of paitent please?" The nurse asked.

"Umm..Avery." Eli spoke.

"Okay floor 11 room 210, have a nice day." She said.

"Thank you." We said.

We all got on the elevator and Eli, Jacob, and Dallas all talked and were trying to guess baby names. I looked down and once I looked up I saw Drew still looking at me with his eye piercing death stare. It was like if looks could kill a person stare. We exited the elevator and once we finally got to the room they let us in but Avery was already in labor starting to push.

"Alright just keep pushing his body is almost out." We heard the doctor speak.

We watched her push and soon a look of relief came across her face and the room got quiet and the doctor looked and examined the baby. "He's not breathing, get some help he's not breathing." He yelled.

"What?" Avery said in a high pitched tired voice.

They quickly cut his umbilical cord and rushed him out of the room and they went to run some test. I looked over and I saw Eli hold his head down in shame. I placed my hand on his back and I rubbed his back and I hugged him.