Chapter 1

The bell rings and wakes me up from my power nap in class, oh yeah im Eli known as Eli the school gangsta. Im 18 and im a senior in high school. I take care of myself because i lost my father when I was six, and my mom left with another man when I was 11 so I basically had to do things on my own.

   I have a group of friends that people say aren't the best for me but i dont care because they're like family to me and they are the only people i got besides my closest friend who is more like a sister Avery.  Drew, Dallas and Jacob are my homies and we are like a gang we do everything together, and we always get into it with other people because we got each others backs.

   But that will soon change once they find out my secret. Im gay and no one knows but Avery and she accepts me for me and there is no question about it. My friends hate homosexuality and it bothers them so much that they hurt innocent people because they're different.

    I have to hide behind this mask because if I ever told them they would hate me to. So i have to keep it on the down-low.

    As I walk pass the garbage dump to go to my black G-Wagon I see out of the corner of my eye my friends calling for me.  "What are u guys doing now."

    "Oh we're just going to throw this faggot jerk in the dump." Drew said. I look to see who it is and I see a brown skin slightly tall boy about my height with a eight pack, he has a busted lip, a black eye, and is bleeding from from his ripped white shirt. I couldn't get a good look of him because he was thrown into the dumpster, but he looked so hurt.

     He fell in with a grunt and we all rejoiced but i felt different on the inside. I actually felt sorry for him which i have never felt like that before. "Yo bro u comin with us to the rodeo." Dallas questioned. "Naw I think ill kick it around here plus i have to meet with Avery about something."

    "Well we gone." Jacob stated, "Alright be careful yall."

    Once they left I rushed back over to the garbage dump and yelled for the boy. "Hello are u still in there." I shouted but i got no response. I hope he's not dead i said to myself thinking about how beat up he was. I then jumped into the dumpster and landed on piles of trash that smelled horrible. As i moved around in the dark junk looking for him i heard a faint whimper from the corner of the the dump, the sun shined in the right spot so i could still see him.

    As i moved closer to him he started to back away from me. "Hey I know i allowed my friends to throw u in here but look im not going to hurt you." He then hesitated but he moved towards me and took my hand. I helped him out of the trash and he fell on top of me and i embraced him so he wouldn't hurt himself. Behind the smell on garbage i could smell his Ralph Lauren cologne.

    He quickly scooted away from me and i caught a good glimpse of his face then i remembered. "I remember you you're the linebacker of the football team." I said. He looked at me and nodded. I stood up and held out my hand and he took it and stood up. "No one has ever been this nice to me thank u." He said. "No problem im not that bad of a person everyone makes me out to be." I say pulling a noodle out of his hair.

    He looks up at me and smiles and i gasp. "What?" He asked. "You have a very beautiful smile and i see the twinkle in your eyes." I say. He blushes and smiles. We look down and see that our hands are still together and we pull away super fast." "If u dont mind me asking what's your name?" I questioned. "Im Daniel Simmons but everyone calls me Diggy." He says "Well im El-" "I know who u are." He cut me off.

     "Well it was nice meeting you so stay safe and stay out of trouble." I said he giggled and I walked away.

    I turned around and say him pick up his backpack and look around and I walked back to him. "Hey do u need a ride because I'm free. "No I dont want to bother you." He complained. "It doesn't bother me come on ill drop you off." I said. I text Avery

Hey sorry i cant
make it i got into
a trashy situation

5 mins later.

"Hey thanks for the ride i really appreciate it and sorry i kinda messed up your car." He says. "Its fine see u tomorrow." I said with a smile. He gets out of my car and goes inside his house. As i pull of I look over to the passenger seat were he sat i saw he left his hat. I thought will this end up being a good friendship.