𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Silence filled the basement as Vi and Y/n sat against the wall, not speaking or moving.

A click of the basement door opened, causing Y/n to lift her head, and Vi to wipe her watery eyes.

A small figure slowly walks down the stairs with fear in his eyes.

Ekko.

The small boy looks up at Y/n, slowly walking closer to her. Her body slowly moves closer to his, as a sob escapes his lips.

Tears run down his eyes as he buries his face on her collar bone and cries as she pulls him into a big hug.

Vi comes up behind the two, putting her hand on Y/n's shoulder.

"I saw everything..." He mutters, "Be-Benzo... They-" a sob prevents him from speaking any further. Tears run down his face and he tries burying himself into Y/n even more.

"What about Vander?" Vi asks lightly.

"They took him..." He stutters out.

"Can you tell us where?" Y/n asks softly, not trying to scare him further, but they needed to help.

*****

In an old abandoned factory located on the outside of the undercity, Silco and his men dragged Vander across the floor.

Vander slowly began regaining consciousness, but his vision was blurry. He saw a boy, Deckard, stumbling behind him. He heard the sound of metal clashing against each other as he felt his wrist being cuffed.

"It's a little crude, I'll admit. The base violence necessary for change, but we both know topside won't listen to anything else." Silco spoke deeply as he leaned over the ledge of the bridge.

The man dragging Vander threw him against the bridge and left the two brothers alone.

"Even with your monsters, you won't win a war against Piltover." Vander said, spitting out a mix of spit and blood from his mouth.

Silco looked at him, "I don't have to. I just need to scare them."

Deckard came up behind the two brothers, throwing up a purple substance, but Silco continued talking and ignored him, "They won't dare set a foot in the underground again.

A man with tattoos covering his body laughed at Deckard as he continued vomiting and coughing.

"You'll get people killed? For what? Pride?" Vander was disgusted at Siclo.

"For respect... opportunity. Everything they've denied us" Silco slowly pushed himself off the ledge and walked over to Vander,

"You HAD my respect, The Lanes' respect, but that... that was never enough for you."

We shared a vision, Vander! A dream of freedom." Silco shouted. He kneeled down to Vander's level, "not just for the Lanes, but the whole of the underground, united as one... the nation of Zaun..."

Vander stayed silent.

"Do you even remember? I trusted you."

Images of Silco floating in the open ocean took over his mind.

"And you betrayed me."

Blood consumed the ocean's water, as a hand strangled Silco's neck.

"What I did to you..." Vander began, "I've never forgiven myself, you were my brother."

Silco rolled his eyes and sighed, "No, you still don't understand...

Can you imagine what it's like when your blood mixes with the filth and the river toxins eat through your nerves? Oh I hated you for what you'd done, but as time passed, so did my hate.

And I was left with an understanding. The only way to defeat a superior enemy is to stop at nothing. To become what they fear... I hated you, but you kept my respect. Until you make peace with them. Played lapdog after everything we suffered."

"I had no choice." Vander spoke. To the right of them, Deckard opened a metal door, revealing a small chair with straps.

"Perhaps, but now we do. Shimmer. We have the power. We can finally realize our dreams... brother." said Silco, as he waited for a response from him.

"Look at what you've done. Benzo, these kids... In fighting topside, you'd sacrifice everything that we are. It's not the way, can't you see that?"

Deckard began prepping the chair as Vander tried finding a way out not for just the Lanes, but the children too, "Kill me if you have to, but please spare the Lanes."

Silco was unconvinced and furious, "You'd die for the cause, but you won't fight for one?"

Vander chuckled softly, "I'm just... not that man anymore..."

"I'll show you what you really are." Silco stood from his sitting position, and began walking towards where Deckard was.

The tall man with tattoos all over his skin grabbed Vander by one of his arms, dragging him right behind Silco.

Opening his eyes slightly, he saw someone, someone else who had betrayed him.

Sevika.

She had a cigar between her lips as she watched the scene unfold.

Two brothers, with different dreams. Although they may have had the same dream, it led them down different paths, which created danger, chaos, and destruction.

A/n

First, I'm so sorry for not posting, I've been and I'm still sick with I think covid and haven't had the energy to write so I'm so sorry for this short and bad chapter but I promise the next will be better. Also I'm working on A Pirates of the Caribbean fanfic so once it comes out, it would mean a lot if you left feedback or even just read it!

word count: 839