𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Soft music played in the background of the room as two figures sat on the bed. A hand reached out for a tool while another grabbed a crayon.

Y/n sat cross legged against the wall as Powder sat next to her. Y/n carefully looked at the picture in Powder's hands, copying the same drawing onto the small machine.

After they had overheard the conversation between Vi and Mylo, Y/n decided to help Powder with the drawings. Powder liked to make them with some of Y/n's help and Y/n often drew the pictures because how could she say no to her?

They were both focused on Y/n drawing; they barely heard the other person in the room until they leaned on the bed frame.

"What are you calling this one?" Y/n glanced up slightly to see Vi above them both, smiling.

"Whiskers." Powder answered plainly before looking back at Y/n's lap as the girl continued drawing.

Vi looked at Y/n, hoping she would look her way but she didn't. Sighing, Vi sat next to Powder's head.

"You wanna talk about today?" she asked.

"What's the point?" Powder sat up, leaning her head on Y/n's shoulder as she faced the wall. "I ruined everything, I always do."

"You know that isn't true Powder." Y/n put down the crayon as she gently stroked the small girl's back. "We all make mistakes."

"But Vi was twice the person at half my age." she exaggerated, making Vi sigh in shame. "You heard them, I'm not a fighter."

Y/n finished up the drawing and handed it to Powder. She took it from her and she closed the top and hit her head on it.

"You don't have to be. Y/n and I've got these," She put up her fist, making Y/n smile to herself, "and you've got those." Vi pointed to the unfinished replicas of what Powder held.

"They never work"

"They will, you just need to give it time." Y/n said, as she looked up at Vi. She gestured her head to the door, making Vi nod.

Vi stood up from the bed, "Come with me."

"What?" Powder was confused, and she lifted her head up from her knees.

"Come on, you too Y/n."

Y/n hopped out of the bed, right behind Vi as Powder followed. Powder turned quickly to turn off the light that was on, before following the pair once again.

*****

The three of them walked onto a roof as they heard voices below them. Vi sat down and Powder next to her. Y/n went to go sit next to Powder but Vi pulled her wrist, making her sit right next to her on the ledge.

It was silent for a few moments before powder spoke up, "What are we doing here?"

"See that gutter running along the canal?" asked Vi.

Y/n looked next to her, noticing a pole. She pulled on it, handing it to Vi who gave it to Powder to look through. Vi guided the pole towards the canal as Powder looked through it.

"That's where Claggor got his foot stuck running from enforcers. They thought it was funny so they left him there. He was out all night before we found him" Vi explained.

"That sign?" Vi redirected the pole towards a billboard. "You see it?"

"Uh-huh."

"Y/n and Mylo were trying to draw a big middle finger but he said something to piss her off. She pushed him, making him trip over his own paint bucket."

"Hi ass made that splotch." Y/n spoke which made Powder laugh and Vi chuckle.

"And that?" Powder noticed she wasn't looking into a distance anymore but instead right in front of them. A small stuffed animal was trapped in between two metal poles. "When I was a kid, some guy took my favorite toy and threw it up there. I used to come out here at night and stare at it, hoping maybe the wind or a bird would knock it down."

"We all have bad days, but you can't always look at the bad side. You learn from your mistakes and grow from them." Powder looked over to Y/n and noticed her looking back with a happy smile.

Powder stayed silent before her eyes lit up, "I forgot! Me and Y/n still have something from when we went to the apartment!"

Y/n reached into her pocket, pulling out blue gems as Vi looked in her hands curiously.

"What are they?"

"I don't know..."

"Should we show Vander?" Powder asked with excitement in her voice.

"No." Vi answered quickly, making her face drop. Vi noticed her disappointment as Y/n put them back in her pocket. Vi exhaled and smiled at her sister. "Let's keep this our little secret."

Powder's smile grew as Vi nudged her slightly and threw her arm over Y/n, making her closer to the both of them.

"Mylo's wrong Powder."

"She's right. You are so much stronger than you may think." Y/n spoke.

Vi stood up, staring into the distance as Powder and Y/n watched her, "One day, they will respect us."

The lights of the city shone as everything seemed peaceful.

But things wouldn't be so quiet for long as a scientist stood at a lab in the outskirts of the town, waiting for the perfect moment for revenge.

A/n

sorry this isn't amazing but episode 1 is finally complete 0~0

word count: 853