forty

// SONG: Midnight Memories, One Direction \\

(WARNING: Contains Smut)

-//-

1st of April, Friday, 1977

All of Hogwarts was in suspense the last day of school before the Easter Break. One, because the Marauders would all be leaving the next day and the students expected a big bang before their departure.

And two, it was April Fool's Day.

"It's perfect!" Sirius cheered too loudly for Remus' liking. He shot him a stern look over his Transfiguration homework.

The boys were sat in the Gryffindor study hall, planning their prank for the day. The victims; The Slug Club. "Sure you don't want to clue Reggie in on it so he doesn't get involved?" Peter muttered, not lifting his eyes from his Astronomy star chart.

Sirius grinned. "Nope. Half the fun of this mission is that I get to pull a fast one on my smarty-pants, goodie-two-shoes brother."

Remus rolled her eyes, not understanding what it was like to have a younger brother.

James slid a piece of paper between them all, holding the schematics for their brilliant plan. "Where's Andie, then? She really not gonna join in on this?" James asked, playing with the feather of his quill.

Sirius snorted. "No. She's gone too soft. She didn't want a part in pranking Kingsley, Emma or Reg. I blame you Prongs. You've made her too lovey-dovey."

James gave an unimpressed look. "She's always been lovey-dovey, Padfoot. That's why I love her."

All the others groaned at his cheesy declaration. Their banter stopped as Fabian and Gideon arrived, telling them that the coast was clear.

They all abandoned all their homework and bags, deciding to tidy it up later on. They ran down the corridors, heading for the room Slughorn kept his dinner parties in.

On their way down there, they passed Andrea, Kingsley and Lily wandering down the hallway. James pulled to a stop, greeting Andrea with a playful grin.

She looked around them hesitantly, not knowing what to do with the gleeful looks on their faces.

"And what are you kids up to?" she asked, letting James pull her to him and kiss her cheek. "Kinglsey, nice to see you," James grinned instead. "Lucky you're with the girls. Looks like you'll be spared in the prank after all."

Kingsley's face fell. "What prank?" he grumbled. James let go of Andrea and followed Remus and Peter to the classroom door. "The Slug prank!" he cheered excitedly.

Kingsley quickly followed them and quickly blocked the door, holding his arms out to stop them. "Please, for the love of Rowena herself. Just don't do anything today. Think about it, the biggest prank of them all, the marauders not pranking on April Fool's."