ten

// SONG: Hold The Line, TOTO  \\

-//-

30th of October, Thursday, 1975

Sitting across from Marshall in the library Andrea felt bored.

"Why do you have to be such a good study partner? We're supposed to forget about the schoolwork and joke around and talk about anything other than school," Andrea complained.

Marshall looked up from his homework with an amused smile. "Is that how it usually works with and the guys?" he asked.

Andrea nodded, smiling fondly as she remembered the last time all of them had done their homework together. "Yes. And then when Remus' has had enough, he scolds us and calls us dumb fucks before forcing us to do our homework again," she grinned proudly.

Marshal shook his head as he chuckled along. "Remus seems like the perfect balance between disciplined and a short fuse," he concluded.

Andrea smiled proudly. She talked a lot about the boys over the few times she and Marshall had met up, and he was starting to understand each of them individually much better than many of their fans had ever bothered to learn.

But in the next instant, one of the Marauders were about to become Andrea's greatest enemy.

They had barely been in the library for forty minutes when the door burst open with a loud bang making everyone in the quiet space jump.

Andrea got a sinking feeling before she even saw who had entered. Around the corner of the last row of library books, a grinning James strode in.

As his eyes landed on the pair in the back he strode forward and tried to act as casual as possible.

"Hey, fancy seeing you guys here," he said happily, slumping into the seat next to Andrea. She was so angry right now she couldn't even speak. She clutched her quill so tightly the feather started splitting into ugly parts.

"What are you doing here, James?" She tried for a civil tone but when the words came out through gritted teeth it was hard to hide her anger.

"Just came to study. Mind if I join you? Great," he answered for himself before the other two got to respond. Andrea was practically shaking with anger now, glaring at James. Marshall looked between the two, confused about the situation.

"Hey, Marshall, d'you mind if we reschedule?" Andrea asked him, already packing up her things. "Uh - oh, yeah. Sure. No problem," he said, looking at James with an understanding look. "Guess she didn't tell you about this before, huh?" he asked James as Andrea started walking out.

James furrowed his brows at the boy. "No, she didn't," James responded hesitantly. Marshall nodded, looking in the direction Andrea had fled. "I get it. I'd like a heads-up too."