twenty

// SONG: Stand By Me, Ben E

// SONG: Stand By Me, Ben E. King \\

-//-

"Moony! Please tell me you've seen Andrea."

-

Remus' eyes went wide in horror. He grabbed James by the arm and roughly pulled him out of the library, the girls hurrying after them.

"What do you mean?! She was supposed to be with you!"

"I know that! But she gave me the fucking slip, alright? Merin's balls, I can't breathe." James was breathing heavily and he pulled on his hair hard enough to make Lucretia wince in pain for him.

"Oh, I'm gonna be sick. This can't be happening. I swear to Merlin if either of them tries to -"

"Hey!" Remus shot an alarmed look at the girls. James almost let Andrea's secret slip by accident in his crazed state. He was about to say; if either of them tried to finish the job Avery started, which could easily lead them to the truth of the situation.

"She might've just gone to her dorm. Have you checked there?" James shook his head, groaning as if he were in pain.

Marlene grabbed James' hands and made him release his hair before they all sped to the Gryffindor Tower. Climbing through the Portrait Hole they saw Sirius and Peter in deep conversation. 

The two looked up at the loud entry and their smiles instantly slipped. "Where's Andrea?" Peter asked cautiously, standing from the couch.

Instead of answering him, James sped for the girl's spiral staircase, taking them two at a time. He burst through the door of her dorm room and found it empty.

Mary and Lily checked their dorm, but only found Corinna, who perked up with interest when she heard Andrea was missing. Throwing a curse word and a glare her way, Mary slammed the door shut and headed over to Andrea's dorm with everyone else.

James, hopeful, ran into the bathroom and checked, but found that empty too. As he came out to her room again everyone was already there.

Before he knew what he was doing, James punched the same post he had taken his anger out on last time. The post snapped where he hit, the canopy collapsing onto three posts instead of four. 

Lucretia gasped and jumped back while everyone, including James, gaped at what he had just done in shock.

"Here's an idea, take your anger out on your own bed and leave my room alone," came a sarcastic chuckle from the doorway. James turned so quickly he could've snapped his neck. In two long strides, he had reached her and pulled Andrea into a tight hug.

Andrea tensed up completely at first, but finally relaxed and hugged him back. She patted his back awkwardly, not knowing what to do. They had hugged many times, but James wasn't even hugging her anymore. He was just holding her against him, relief washing over every nerve and muscle in his body.