fifteen

-// SONG: Black Dog, Led Zepplin \\-

-//-

18th of December, Thursday, 1975

After the late adventures of the night before, Andrea got to sleep in on Thursday. Not too much, but longer than she usually slept, and later than James wanted to wake her.

But someone had beat James to waking her up.

Andrea scrunched her nose in disgust as hot air that smelled very bad hit her face. She opened her eyes slowly, to see a black, well-groomed dog sitting in front of her.

Sleepy and confused, Andrea furrowed her brows at the animal. "Hello," she said slowly. The dog barked loudly in response, its tongue hanging out and the tail wagging from side to side happily. 

Smiling, Andrea reached out a hand and started scratching his head. "You're a cute one, aren't you?" The dog barked again, apparently agreeing with her. Andrea studied him closer. "You wouldn't happen to have a wand on you, do you?" she asked suspiciously.

The dog stood, standing on all four legs now and attacked Andrea's face with licks. Andrea giggled as she pushed its face away. "Hey, stop it! Who trained you?" she laughed. The dog stopped and tilted his head, studying Andrea.

Then something weirder happened. On top of the dog's head, a smaller head appeared. The small ears came first, but then a little face with a long nose and long whiskers sticking out on the sides.

Andrea screamed and jumped out of bed to the other side, keeping the bed between them. "I've heard of dogs having fleas, but hosting rats is a new one for me," she huffed, studying the brown rat with worry.

The rat crawled over the dog's head and the dog didn't seem bothered in the slightest. Andrea studied the rat closer. It wasn't how she expected rats to be. It didn't look vicious or scrawly. In fact, it looked well-groomed and clean. "Are you someone's pet too?" Andrea asked the rat.

She let out a high-pitched scream when the rat nodded in response. She ran for her door and just as her hand touched the handle, she heard an explosion of laughter behind her.

Stopping in her tracks, she turned to see Sirius and Peter rolling on the floor with laughter, right where the dog and rat had been.

She snapped her door shut again and turned to the two with her arms crossed. "OK, important question; who got it last?" she smirked.

-//-

James had wanted to wrap his Christmas gifts himself this year, instead of asking Remus to do it again. The full moon was out tonight, and they headed back for Break on Saturday, so his werewolf friend didn't have any time to help him anyway.