twenty-four

// SONG: Sober, Demi Lovato \\

-//-

14th of April, Wednesday, 1976

"You tied a broom handle to the top of your Tower to make it taller..." Dorcas muttered, staring up at the heavens. Andrea rocked back on her heels proudly.

"Nooo. We tied three broom handles to the top of our Tower to make it the tallest one."

Dorcas shook her head and walked away from Andrea, forcing her to run after her. "You all just never know when to quit," she grumbled.

Andrea grinned. "You're just mad because now we're taller than you," she teased her. Dorcas snorted. "Keep it up and I'll tell Sirius where his Bowie records are."

Andrea's smile fell instantly as she took her threat to heart. "No, no. That's not necessary. I'll stop." Dorcas smirked. She lifted her hand and stuck out her pinkie. "Wrapped around it, Russo." Andrea glared at her. "Am not."

"Are too. Don't be sad. I like having you on my pinkie. Gives me company at all times." Andrea's scowl deepened. "I'm walking away from you now," she grumbled.

She turned on her heel and stormed off in search of the boys. The moon would be full in about four hours, so she needed to find them before Moon-time.

-//-

"Last month, he wouldn't stop staring at him for more than a minute at the time. Today, he never left any of us alone, lurking behind and following us. "It's creepy and he has to stop it," Peter urged the others.

James rolled his eyes and wrapped a scarf around Peter's neck. "Relax, Wormy. We'll deal with it when we have to deal with it."

Sirius snorted at that. James turned to him, studying him suspiciously. "What was that for?" he asked hesitantly. Sirius shook his head with a chuckle. "Oh, you know. Life's irony at its finest."

Andrea pursed her lips to one side. "You doing Ok in there, Sirius? Any crazy you need to let out?" He turned to her with a tight smile. "Nope. But let's hurry up so we don't miss Remus letting out the crazy, huh?" he chuckled, elbowing her side.

Andrea zipped up her wool jacket and joined James under the Invisible Blanket while Sirius and Peter changed form in front of them, leading the way out of the castle.

As they reached the grassy slope the Whomping Willow rested upon, Sirius and Peter changed back, and James removed the Cloak, so they became visible again.

Peter looked at his watch, checking the time. "He should be changing in maybe 10 minutes now. We should hurry so we can stay for the change this time," he said.

James nodded with a small smile. "Good idea let's-"

Instinctively, James stuck his hand out in front of Andrea, shifting her behind him. Andrea gave him a worried glance. "James, what's wrong?"