Chapter 19 Home

A day has pass since the burial of Simon at that time Drake was outside with Arong and Dex. Arong was sitting on a rock while Dex was leaning on a tree. Drake choose to stand in the middle of both of them.

Drake: So you guys are Dragon Slayers?

Dex: Yeah.

The three of them stood there in silence before Drake finally spoke up.

Drake: You both had dragon parents didn't? Like me, Natsu, and Gajeel?

The two looked down at the ground

Drake: Do you know what happened to them?

Both of them looked at Drake which was all the confirmation he needed.

Drake: (sighs) Damn.

The trio were silent once more with nothing but the sound of crashing waves. Finally Drake spoke up again.

Drake: What were their names.

Dex: (looks at him) My Dragon's name was Zavri and she was a shadow dragon.

Arong: I actually had two dragon parents my father Szadlem, was an Earth dragon. While my mother Eldeve was an energy dragon.

Dex: Yeah me and Arong have been travelling for a long time now.

Drake: Jeez, how old are you guys?

Arong: (points a thumb at himself) I'm 27 (points at Dex) and Dexter here is 21.

Hearing that Dex takes a deep inhale before exhaling sharply. He glares at Arong and spoke to him.

Dex: (through gritted teeth) I told you not to call me by my full name. 💢💢

Arong: (smirks) I know I did it just to piss you off.

Dex glares at him for a couple of seconds before recomposing himself. He looks back at Drake as he continues to speak to him.

Dex: Anyways just like Zavri with me, Arong's parents disappeared on the 7th day, of the 7th month, in the year-

Drake: (disbelief) 777.

The two looked at Drake in shock.

Dex: (shocked) H-How do you know that?

Drake: Because Natsu told me that's when his adoptive father Igneel disappeared. Not only that he also told me that Gajeel told him that his adoptive dragon Metalicana disappeared on that same day. As well as both of my parents.

The two looked at each other with widened eyes.

Arong: What does this mean?

Dex: I-I don't know....

Drake walk pass them and looked out towards the ocean.

Drake: When Natsu told me about Igneel's disappearance i thought it was a coincidence. But then he told me what Gajeel told him, that just made me suspicious. But now you two.....

Arong and Dex walked to Drake's side as they looked out at the ocean as well. The sea breeze gently blew on their faces as their clothes and hair blew in the wind. Dex was the first to speak as he looked at the two.

Dex: Guys, this can't be coincidence.

Drake: I know, i was beginning to think my parents abandoned me. But now i'm starting to think otherwise.

Arong: So do you think they left us to live our human lives?

Drake: Maybe or.....

The two looked at him anxiously