My hero is (AU)

( Percy's in middle school)

Percy's POV

I've been struggleing with thid assignment to do for school. Basicly our teacher told us to write a paper about who our hero is . Most kids will say some celebraty or something like that.

I rub my face softly as my best friend Annabeth runs in my room and jumps on my bed laying down I just laugh at her " Hey Wisegirl. " I smile softly as she looks at my paper and frowns." Still have no idea who to write about Seaweed Brain."

I chuckle and sighs. " Nope." I sigh and looks at the picture of my mom and I just smile as I get an idea .

" But I think I just got one ." I smile softly as I start to write about why my mom is my hero. While writing it I did cry a bit as me and her has been through so much, Annabeth did help me a bit as my mom was like a second mom to her.

As I got to school I started to pannic and talk to Annabeth " What if I mess up or what if I fail Annabeth?" I ramble on as I talked to her I stopped talking when she grabbed my shirt and kisses me . " Shut up seaweed brain you'll do great." I smile and blushes softy as I kiss her. " Okay. " She blushed as I kissed her back and we head inside.

As everyone did there presitation , I waited for my turn, man everyone chose a celebrity or a sports player, dam.

When I got called up Annabeth gave me a thumbs up as I got to the front I open my booklet and says." Most people's heros will be a celebrity , sports player, or some super hero from a comic book , but not me. My hero is my mom , go ahead and laugh but let me tell you why. It's been me and her since I was born my dad passed away in a car accident. That didn't stop my mom from trying to raise me, even though we weren't well off she made my childhood wonderful. "

I flip to the next page as I smile." We have our small tradtions of making Blue cookies every two weeks of a month and go to the beach with my friends, she finds time to get out of work so she can spend the day with me. But thats not the may reason she's my hero, she took up the role to be my best friends mother when her mom passed away , and my cousins mother who also passed , she puts her needs aside to help others in need, even if she doesn't know you she'll adopt you into our small little family . She's an amazing mother and I honestly don't know who I'll be if she wasn't . My mom is my hero because not only does she care about me but she care's about everyones need's . Including my friends, I love my mom she's my hero."

I smile softly as I look at my teacher and see's that she's crying a bit . " Your mom sounds wonderful Percy. Please sit back down thank you for sharing. "

I smile nd sits back down next to Annabeth as she smiles soflty saying " You know your mom is also my hero." I smile and looks at her . " Yeah I know" I look into her eyes and just smile as I tease her a bit" So about that kiss." I smirk as she hides her face and blushes dark red.