Trial (AU)

(Part 2 for Abused AU)

Percy's POV

After waking up I look over at Annabeth as she tells me something." You drool in your sleep." I chuckle softly lookking over at her as I get deja vu. Like I heard her say that before. I let it be as I reach out and holds her hand." how are you feeling ?" she smiles and nods.

"I'm doing better just a couple of brusises and a some cuts, but you detective" I cut her off "call me Percy." She nods " well percy you got it pretty badly , busted lip, black eye , broken cheek bone , and broken nose."

I nod softly as she gives me some water to drink." Percy may I ask why you let Matt beat you like that?" I sigh softly " When I was younger I had a stepdad before theone i have now, he was an awful person, he abused me , both mentaly , physically , and emotioally , he was a monnster I know how it feels to be treated like dirt."

I look down as i eat my blue Jell-o as I just sit there as I eat.

5 Months later

It's now the trial date for Matt and also since me and Annabeth has been talking to eeach other.

During the trial I sit next to Annabeth to make her feel safe as Matt comes in looking smug as he looks over at us . I gently rub Annabeths back softly as I feel her get tenses I whisper into her ear "It's okay I'm here . He's not going to hurt you I promise okay."

She nods as the trial goes on I go up to the stand ass his lawyer asked me questions." So detective Jackson is it true that you know my client Mr.Sloan from school?" I look at the lawyer Malcom hired for me and Annabeth as he nds telling me to tell him what I know " Yes sir he used to bully me and my disabled half brother Tyson."

" So he bullied you and you used your status as a cop to arrest him for that right ?" I look at the lawyer pissed as he's tring to use my past of getting bullied by Matt as a reason that I arrested" No sir the reason why he was arrested was because he attacked me , and also was abusing his ex girlfriend." I look at the lawyer as he's taken a back but uses the adavntge of Annabeth now being single.

" So Detective Jackson you and Ms.Chase had gotten really close lately. I would say that you two are now dating." He shows picures which looks like was taken by a Private Detective.

I just sit there looking at them as he shows everyone trying to paint me as the bad guy." She called me so we can talk okay , I know what its like to be abused I myself was abused by my ex step dad Gabe I still have the scars to show it . I was comforting a surviver , a friend okay."

The judge looks over as he tells me to show said scars. I take off my shirt and looks at Matts lawyer" Would you think someone who was abused , abuse someone else." He doesn't say anything as he just heads back to his seat while I walk back to mine .

After that the jury did a verdic and found him gultiy the judge sends him too jail and applies for a restraning order to be at least 10,000 feet away from Annabeth and anyone she knows.

When it was over me and Annabeth head outside as it's snowing I give her my jacket." Here you'll." She cut me off by kissing me softly." Thank you so much for helping me , your amazing." I blush softly and kisses her back ." You're welcome."