He studies the muffin in front of him and even though I thought he was going to put it back because he doesn't look thrilled, he lifts it up to his mouth. I watch his strong jaw move as he bites off a piece and chews on it.

"Is it good?" I ask as he lowers the muffin back to the table.

His eyebrows are drawn together and he's still looking at the muffin. "Mhmm. Yeah."

"Tastes like diabetes, right?" I smile.

A puff of air escapes his nose, and if my eyes aren't deceiving me, I can even make out one side of his lips twitching upward. I don't know why, but it makes me happy because I translate this gesture as his way of laughing.

We decide to put down the over-sugared muffins and I realize I'm still smiling as Mr. Jeon stares at my mouth after we both straighten up. I clear my throat and look away.

I wonder why no one else takes the opportunity to take advantage of the night's cooking when there are so many other things here to eat, even if the muffins aren't really good. Should I go for the mini cheese-filled buns?

"I can't believe our business has already had over a hundred clients this year. That's insane." I then randomly exclaim as I reach for the grapes instead.

"Yeah. You guys have been working hard." Mr. Jeon agrees as he shifts his weight from one foot to the other.

"You've been working hard too, Mr. Jeon. I rarely saw you come out of your office," I say, watching him scratch the back of his neck. "Oh, I probably shouldn't talk about work when we're here to actually kick back and relax. I just didn't know what to talk about because you weren't saying much."

"I don't know how to make conversation." he then explains. Well, I figured as much.

I wave a hand. "Me too. I end up talking too much and probably giving people headaches."

When I look back up at him, his eyebrows are drawn together. Should I take that as confirmation of my statement? I probably just talked too much again and he was here merely trying to enjoy his tea.

"Uhmm, I think I should go back to my room." I finally say and he nods. He then sets his cup on another smaller table where the used cutlery is and waits for me to exit the room.

Okay, I thought he wanted to stay and be left alone, but maybe he wants to be left alone in his room. We quietly ride the elevator up to our floor and walk to our rooms.

And that's when I realize it.

My heart speeds up as I stop in front of my door. "Good night, Mr. Jeon. I hope you get a good night's sleep." I laugh comically.

He stops beside me though and looks down at me. Why doesn't he go to his room? Go to your room, please.

"Is there anything?" I ask, crossing and uncrossing my arms.

"I was thinking you could give me that medicine you mentioned earlier," he says and I curse inwardly why I mentioned that.

"Oh. Right." I pretend to have forgotten. "I just remembered I didn't bring it."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry."

He shakes his head. "It's all right. Good night, then, Ms. Carlson."