I glance at the cup in his hand. "I didn't think you were a tea person."

"I'm not," he comments as he too lets his gaze wander over the snacks. "Something made my stomach upset."

"Oh, are you okay?" I ask, and he nods. "I have medicine in my first aid kit."

"You have a first aid kit?" he asks, raising his eyebrows just a little.

"Of course. Better safe than sorry, right?" I smile proudly and he shrugs. "I can bring it to you."

Just as I'm about to turn around and get the medicine, his voice rings out. "Not now," he says and I turn back to him. "Get something to eat first. You can give it to me later."

My cheeks turn red because I hadn't thought it was so obvious that I was hungry. I must have probably looked like a hungry wolf when I rushed into the room.

But I don't care and I shrug before switching my attention back to the big table in front of me. I let my eyes scan over it and I even forget about the presence of Mr. Jeon next to me when I spot a tray full of muffins.

I spot little buns filled with cheese, but somehow the muffins appeal to me more. They are placed under a glass bell and what I can tell from here is that there are two different kinds. I lift the cupcake bell and my nostrils immediately fill with the sweet vanilla scent of the confection.

I reach for the muffin with the lighter batter. "Everyone is sleeping right now and I'm eating muffins." I laugh as I peel the paper liner on the side. "I want to get up early tomorrow to make the most of my last day here. I've never been to a spa resort before and it's so fun—"

My sentence is cut off midway as I feel Mr. Jeon's fingers on my wrist. The muffin in my hand hangs in mid-air and my mouth is open because I was about to bite into it. My eyes find Mr. Jeon and then his fingers on my skin.

"I shouldn't be eating at this hour, right? I probably won't be able to get up early if I stuff myself now—"

I'm interrupted again in the middle of my sentence as Mr. Jeon takes the muffin out of my hand with his other hand and puts it back on the plate with the others. I pout a little because the muffin smelled and looked really good.

My eyes widen a bit as he then takes the muffin with the darker batter off the plate and places it in my hand. I look up at him and he takes his fingers from around my wrist, leaving the spot cold now.

I stare at the muffin, then at Mr. Jeon, then back at the muffin. Okay weird? But I shrug and don't read much into it. I peel the paper liner and take a big bite of the treat. The flavors melt on my tongue and I let out a satisfied sound.

"Oh wow. This one has blueberries in it!" I enthuse as I look down to where I bit into the muffin and numerous blueberries are inside. There is another flavor that I can't quite identify. Maybe vanilla or cheesecake so I wonder what flavor the light-colored muffin is.

Mr. Jeon leans his elbows on the surface of the table and I do the same. It's weird to know my boss is watching me eat, and even more so because the room is so quiet that I'm getting uneasy from my chewing. What if I'm smacking my lips?

"You should eat one too, Mr. Jeon," I say next, and he shakes his head. "Come on. Eat this one. I've already peeled the liner and I'd feel bad if the muffin ended up in the trash."

I reach for the muffin Mr. Jeon put back earlier and place it in front of him. I know he's on a strict diet because he told me so when I baked cookies for him, but we're on a weekend of relaxation right now and he can probably allow himself a cheat day.