Fall of Xyrus Academy II

Começar do início

I saw one man descend among the shimmering rain of the shards of the barrier. I recognized this man, so did the other students. The other students and professors seem to have gained hope again as they saw who was the one who descended upon. The Student Council President who would act as the shield of the academy, Jude Leywin, finally arrived on the scene.

Lucas's POV:

Staring down at the professors struggling to stand back up—the very mages that I strove to become—it was clear to me that their lives were in my hands. With my newfound powers, these so-called "elites" were now nothing more than ants to me.

Enhanced cognitive processing capabilities for higher levels of spell casting. A nearly unlimited pool of mana for me to access and utilize. Heightened reflexes along with strengthened physical prowess and dexterity. The elixir that Draneeve had given me really fulfilled its purpose. Just like he had promised, it truly brought forth my full potential.

It was obvious from early on that I was a gifted mage. However, being outshined by my older brother, Bairon, my accomplishments were never able to satisfy my family's expectations. I had lived my childhood chasing after his insurmountable shadow, but no longer; I felt like I had finally surpassed him.

Easily wiping out the distinguished professors of this academy, it felt like I had actually transcended the realm of mortals, incomparable to even the highest of human, elven, and dwarven mages.

... so why was I feeling this way?

This feeling of an icy claw gripping my innards, slowly twisting, slow freezing my insides. The palpable pressure in the air seemed to make the force of gravity in the vicinity stronger as he approached. Beads of cold sweat began forming, drenching my clothes, as I unknowingly took a step back.

Was I afraid? That was impossible. With my newfound powers, I was invincible. I was all-powerful. I was perfect.

"Welcome to the party, Jude. You're just in time," I jeered, satisfied with the calm timbre of my voice.

I had only ever hoped to beat Arthur, as he was one who I thought of as my rival. Jude was someone who I could never reach, a star who shone brighter than even my brother. He was someone who was truly untouchable, at least before Draneeve gave me that wonderful elixir. 

Unaffected by my taunts, he wordlessly made his way towards me. The high-class mana beasts seemed to be afraid of even getting in his way as they scrambled to move out. 

He wasn't even looking at me. His gaze had never been directed at me! My feet stayed glued to the ground, stunned, as he simply strode past, ignoring me and everyone else here.

How dare he! He had the audacity to treat me like air? At this point, I would be someone who could defeat him!

My clenched fists turned white.

Passing by everyone else he knew, disregarding his dying or dead peers and friends, Jude kneeled in front of the human princess. There was only silence that hung in the air

Knowing exactly what to do, my lips curled up into a smirk. Let's see him ignore this.

"She was crying for you, you know," I taunted.

No reaction.

"Oh sure, she stayed strong at first. It made it all the more satisfying seeing her break down," I chuckled.

His shoulders twitched a bit.

"You see, I wanted to play with your little princess more, but Draneeve told me not to lay a hand on her. I was going to disagree at first but an idea struck me—what better way to break you than have you lay helplessly on the ground as you watch me cripple the girl you care for so much?" My laugh echoed throughout the academy as everyone else watched, unable to even muster up the courage to utter a word.