Fall of Xyrus Academy II

Start from the beginning

"That being said, I have made this extremely long and tiresome journey to prepare those I deem worthy so that when my lord becomes this continent's new ruler, you guys will have a place in his kingdom and not be tossed aside like the trash you currently are."

I glanced back to see everyone just looking around, confused. By the expressions on some of their faces, they looked to be in disbelief. Not just surprised, but they sincerely looked like they thought this whole thing was some big prank.

"To those who stand in front of me today, congratulations on being the ones chosen to be honoured pawns of the new ruler of this continent. Lukiyah, step forth and show them a glimpse of the newfound powers you have been bestowed."

Lukiyah?

No... It couldn't be...

The figure that had been holding onto Tess by her hair stepped forth, dragging her with him. I bit my lip, struggling to keep calm. Underneath his hood, he seemed to be looking for someone before he stopped; I could feel his eyes on me. I stood transfixed as he removed the hood of his robe.

Confirming my suspicions, it turned out to be Lucas Wykes.

His eyes seemed to be laughing as he continued to stare at me. Slowly, the edge of his lips curved up as he tugged Tessia up by her hair, just enough so her neck was next to his face.

His mocking gaze never left mine as Lucas ran his tongue slowly...gratingly up her neck to her ear, only to stop and wink at me. Any sort of inhibition controlling my rage disappeared at that instant, leaving me with just enough sanity to curse out.

"LUCAS, YOU SON OF A BITCH! HOW DARE YOU!" My vision reddened as my mind began to numb. Suddenly, as if some inner force pushed my consciousness out, my body felt like it wasn't mine anymore... like I was an entirely different person simply spectating my body from behind.

Jude's POV:

Just when I was thinking about how I was going to spend time with Kathyln as I helped her assimilate her beast will, I was called for a mission. I would not be given too many missions as I am still a student, however, I was to be called when none of the other Lances were not available and other mages could not do it. 

I was called as I heard about several SS-rank mana beasts coming out of Beast Glades and going towards Sapin. The Lances were all busy and could not deal with this, making me the only person who could execute this mission.

I went to the teleportation gate which led to Beast Glades. The guards bowed to me and let me through without any documents. I arrived in Beast Glades, only to see panicking mages and guards. I sighed and raised my voice as I coughed. This seemed to have caught their attention.

I merely asked, "Where are the beasts?"

A man who seemed like the leader pointed towards the North East. I nodded my head and used Wind Magic to fly there. After I reached there, I saw two SS-rank mana beasts and three S-rank mana beasts. I sighed again. Kathyln, looks like you will need to spend some time without me. I opened the Sixth Door as I stepped towards the beasts.

Claire's POV:

Unsheathing my sword, I locked eyes with Curtis as he got on Grawder, and he gave me a firm nod, his eyes reflecting the same determination that Professor Glory had given me.

We were about to step forward to confront them, but, the masked man came back out. He looked at us, those who seemed ready to pounce at them, shrink in fear. I was one of them.

What else could I do? This man was far stronger than Lucas was, and with him here, there was no hope. Suddenly, the red-tinted barrier that surrounded the school shattered from above. The broken fragments of the barrier fluttered down, reflecting the vibrancy of the Aurora Constellation that was almost in full bloom, in the night sky; the bloodstained academy instantly turned into a scene from a fairytale.