Yamaguchi Tadashi - Yamaguchi Tadaaki

A guttural growl erupted from his barred teeth, his eyes a flurry of cold and angry emotion. His usual dark mossy green hair now had mad glints from the glaring sun above. The over sized sweater hung low on his chest, revealing a sharp angular collarbone. His usual outfit.

The mob of boys suffocating his personal space wore smirks and condescending smiles, as if they knew the boy would be beaten before they could 'cheese crackers'.

"What's wrong, scared of me? Don't worry. A lot of people are. But more are scared of you. I won't lie. But here's the thing, if I beat the crap out of you, I'll be king of the school. Not you," a blonde haired boy grinned. His face although bright and cheery, hid a dirty personality that he was known for.

"Aren't you going to do anything, Haruki-kun? This is getting boring!" One of the by-standing boys called out, causing a chain of similar complaints. "Come on! Don't let that sucker hold the throne."

Yamaguchi Tadaaki. Only an average ten year old at grade school, yet everyone knew of him. Even the oldest kids of the school knew not to bother the boy. They called him the underworld king of the school. Everyone who had come across him were either beaten up or sent to the hospital after a near-death experience. His bad reputation of swearing, smoking, violence, had only landed him in detention too many times. Even the teachers struggled to contain him.

Haruki's grin got wider and brighter - Tadaaki didn't think it could've been any more dazzling - and he threw a punch Tadaaki's way. The scowling boy glared up at Haruki; he'd blocked him in the instant his fist had flew out. The corner of Tadaaki's scowl turned up and he spun around landing a powerful kick on Haruki's back. There was an expected crack as the boy fell to the floor, a trickle of blood dripping from his mouth.

"Shut up, you stupid asshole," Tadaaki hissed, "You piss me off." Haruki ignored him and staggered towards Tadaaki, executing a drop kick. His overwhelming height helped but Tadaaki managed to dodge by a centimetre.

"Did you not hear?" Tadaaki's fist knocked Haruki from his feet. "I said you piss me off."

^v^

The bell signalled the end of their school day, as Yamaguchi Tadashistood up from his chair, packing up his stuff. He was determined to get to practice earlier than the earliest; he knew he was lagging behind.

After picking Tsukishima up from his class, which resulted in the blonde grumbling about the embarrassment all the way to the gym, they quickly changed into their gym clothes in the clubroom. Despite his determination, Hinata still managed to arrive there first.

"Ossu!" The ginger head called out from one side of the net.

He had a multicoloured ball in his hands and on the other side of the net; Kageyama. He wore his usual sour look. Tadashi always tried not to tremble when he saw the setter prodigy. But it had taken him too long to do so.

"Ugh. Those volleyball suckers really make me want to puke," Tsukishima spat quietly next to Yamaguchi.

The green head chuckled. "Tsuki. You're a volleyball sucker too, you know!" Tadashi pointed out. The smallest efforts Tsukishima made when he was fired up by the crazy duo had not gone unnoticed by Tadashi at all.

By the time Tsukishima and Tadashi had warmed up, the third and second years had already gotten ready. Just as Daichi called them in for a team huddle, Tsukishima heard a familiar ringtone.

"It's your phone," Tsukishima muttered to Tadashi, who immediate raced towards his bag. There shouldn't be anyone calling him at this time of day unless... Tadashi sighed as he answered the call.