Epilogue 2-"I love you, Poppy."

-Future-

-Future-

5 years later

I didn't sleep today. I never do today. It's may 12th. The day the world snatched away My Popcorn. I silently went to my cupboard, a part of it locked. I only unlock it twice a year. On her birthday and today. I opened it and slowly went through everything. Letters, pictures, gifts and so on.

Soft tears framing my face by the end of it. I spent the entire night watching stars and then the sunrise. I forced myself down at 7. Posie and Sierra were away at college, so I was visibly stunned when I heard my little sisters shouting down stairs. I rushed down to see both of them arguing over who gets more pancakes. They saw me and came crashing down into a hug. Ever since I lost Poppy, these two tried so hard to look after me they eventually became very protective over me.

A smile unknowingly lit up on my face and I hugged them back. Gave them the gifts I got from New York and then went back to my room. I got ready, took 2 stuffed toys with me and headed down to Poppy's.

Every year we meet up here today. All of them were supposed to come in about 2 hours. As soon as I opened the door my goddaughter came rushing towards me and threw her arms around me. "Uncle Rhy you're here". I smiled at her and told her, "I was here just yesterday, Popcorn." She gave me a cute smile and put her hands forward in anticipation. I dropped a blue dolphin in her arms and she went running to her dad to show it.

Julie sighed at me and muttered something along the lines, "You guys spoil her alot." I simply smiled and replied, "I'm her favourite uncle, if I don't spoil her who would?". Julie shook her head in defeat and told me to eat brownies. I refused and told her I'm gonna visit Poppy. Her smile dropped and was replaced with a sad smile.

I asked her if I could take her daughter along and Julie just smiled and nodded. I screamed, "Popcorn wanna go on an adventure with your favourite Uncle?" Her little footsteps were heard as she ran down the stairs and jumped straight into my arms and said "YES! YES! YES! Will you get me froyo?" I nodded as we headed out to meet Poppy.

I was holding my niece's hand as we headed down the grassy path to Poppy's grave. Spring flowers still scattering the graveyard giving the place an eerie peacefulness.

I dropped the Poppies and Lilies near her grave. It's little Popcorn's third time meeting her aunt.

I sat down comfortably and began speaking to My Poppy. "Hey Popcorn, it's been a while and as much as I'd like to say I miss you everyday and I've gotten far in life. It isn't what it seems at all. Life goes on as it should and every now and then the smallest stuff reminds me of you- everytime I see a park or walk past a library. I feel down but you know me; I can't cry even if I wanted to. I bottle it up and every week or so I pour out over a random picture I found of you. Also I'm now best friends with a prince. I've made new friends. Orion, Lyra, Vincent and Althea. Althea and I are surprisingly close. She's like Aria but different of sorts. Anyways she helped me get out of my mess and since then we've been really close best friends. She's just like my sister though. But on the brightside, I finally bought a new car as you always wanted it in red and yes I kept your little figurines below the windshield just to be a bit safer on the road with you watching over me. I wanted to get you something but knowing this place it'd prolly get stolen so I'm gonna leave this stuffed toy with you. I love you, shit will never be the same and I'd do anything to have you back. Your niece is doing really well. She talks and is exactly like you. It's funny to watch her. I love you Poppy. See you soon Popcorn."

Little Popcorn watched me with her eyes full of tears as she saw mine glistening. I rarely cry. It's her first time seeing them watery. I asked her if she wanted to tell anything to her aunt and she bobbed her head up and down to say yes.

She started, "Hii Aunt Poppy, I didn't talk to you before did I? Anyways I just wanted to say I'll take care of Uncle Rhy for you. He loves you alot. Bye bye."

I smiled at her, her name really says who she is. Julie decided to name her, "Viera Poppy Sencen". We often just refer to her with her middle name "Poppy". I left the blue dolphin next to Poppy, carrying my niece as we headed down to get froyo.

Poppy will always be a part of my life. A part I'd always love and cherish.

A/n and thats officially it. My Serotonin is over and I have so many mixed emotions. thank you so much for the love you've given me and this book. Ily guys so much I can't.

I wanted to write it with a sad ending because it felt fitting. I've read several books where the male lead or female lead halts their life after loosing their partner. It didn't seem fair. I wanted to write one where they move on but move on with a part of the dead partner.

The title, My Serotonin. Serotonin is a neuro-transmitter released by the brain. It's often called the "Happy hormone" along with dopamine. But all good things have a bad side too. When depleted Serotonin induces depression. This is what the title stands for. Happiness is always there. Sometimes too much sometimes too less. That's what makes it so special.

Thank you again. For all the love and support you guys have given this baby.

I love you guys sm, tysm

-Yours truly. One last time.