Chapter 19-"Covered in flour."

-Present-

-Present-

Today's Feb 13th and I'm currently being kidnapped by Rowan,Leo,Alex,Eric and Paxton in search of gifts for their girlfriends. Leo and Amyra started dating about a week ago after a lot of misunderstandings. Madison and Alex got together during mid Jan, Madison asked him out. Since I'm the only single girl in our group they decided I was the best candidate for it.

 So here I am, crammed into one car with the latter. The only reason I'm here is because they all agreed to pay for whatever food I bought while helping them out.

It's been a long time since I hung out with the guys, over the months all of them became like brothers to me, excluding Rhy of course. All of them treated me like their younger sister and shoo-ing away absolutely any guy who even tried hitting on me. Not that they'd have to,Rhy does a good job on his own.

 They all know what Adam did and they try to protect me as much as they possibly can. All of them also are anti-cheesy unless it comes to their girlfriends, so seeing them be protective is their way of letting me know that they care about me. 

We were in search of teddy bears, chocolates, flowers and the latter. You may be wondering why Rhysand isn't here?

 Apparently he's got no date or girlfriend for valentine's day so he told all of his friends to enjoy on their own and muttered something about being glad that he didn't have a girlfriend. I've gotta admit that low-key stung me but I just pushed it towards the back of my mind.

We started off with chocolates since they seemed to be the easiest to find. Boy were we wrong. Each of the girls had peculiar tastes and chocolates weren't there. An idea popped in my mind. I asked each of them if they wanted to bake the girl's favourite desserts rather than finding it and they'd love it as well. 

After a little convincing the boys agreed to bake it. We went in search of the next thing, flowers. Rowan planned out a bouquet with baby's breath for Aria. For Mads, Alex picked out daisies, her favourite. Leo got sunflowers for Amyra. Paxton picked out Trixy's all time favourites, lilies. Lastly for Selene, Eric picked roses which have an ombre from white to pink. She loves those.

They then bought stuffed toys for each of the girls, polar bear for Aria, Sloth for Mads, Panda for Amyra, an adorable brown bear for trixy and a dog for Selene. Seeing them put in so much effort to make valentine's day perfect made me smile. 

Looks like these morons do have a heart. Lastly, before we headed home to bake everything they picked out a piece of jewellery for each. Paxton and Eric both bought promise rings since it was about time they gave their girlfriends once. Leo,Alex and Rowan bought pendants for their valentines.

After 4 endless hours of shopping these assholes finally bought me lunch and I made sure to wring the wallets dry. We picked up the ingredients required for each dessert, which mind you was a lot and headed to Eric's home to ruin his kitchen. 

*****

We had about 5 hours to bake since we left the mall at around 1ish. 5 hours and 5 different desserts to bake. Chocolate fudge for Aria, Brookies (Brownie-Cookies) for Mads, Brownies for Amyra, Chocolate Tarts for Trixy and Cake pops for Selene. 

Luckily all these girls had chocolate in common else we'd have to be making 5 extremely different desserts. The first 2 hours went smoothly. The fudge was sitting in the fridge, the cookie dough was resting, the brownies were in the oven, the tart crust was baked and the cake pops were chilling in the fridge before being dipped in the chocolate.

That's when things got messy. Eric and Leo decided to play a movie and stopped helping out. In order to get them to work, Paxton threw flour on them. This resulted in a full fledged food fight. Rowan and I managed to keep all the desserts away as we were dragged into the mess. 

An hour later I was completely covered in flour and so were the guys and we were all on the kitchen floor laughing as we told each other stories over the years. Soon all the deserts were baked and kept in the fridge ready for tomorrow. 

I asked Rowan to get me Aria's clothes in his car so I'd get rid of the flour on me and soon all of us were changed and the desserts packed. Seeing as we had another 2 hours left, Leo suggested we'd watch a movie. We picked up the remaining half of the desserts we baked for ourselves and watched a movie.

I'm glad I've got these idiots to be my friends and brothers. 

A/n Since the last chapter was depressing, I decided to do one wholesome chapter, highlighting the friendship between Poppy and guys. Rhysand is also close to the other girls and in general the 12 of them are pretty close and always have got each other's backs. I hope ya'll loved this one, the next one's a chapter I can't wait for you guys to read. Ily guys sfm and tysfm for the views and votes :)

-yours truly :)