Chapter 5-"Bye Rhy."

A/n so basically this chapter follows the same time line as Rhy's did, ie it'll be showing the  rest of the school day from poppy's pov

A/n so basically this chapter follows the same time line as Rhy's did, ie it'll be showing the  rest of the school day from poppy's pov. This one is mostly a filler but I promise the next one's better.

-Present, Poppy's pov-

As I walked past Rhysand to hide my smile I found my next class, AP chemistry which was okay I guess, I'm not a big fan of it but it sure does beat other subjects. The rest of my classes went okay, Rowan apologised to me during math for not telling me earlier about Rhysand, I told him it's okay and moved on. 

The rest of the classes went by okay. one was good, one decided to keep a pop quiz on the first day of school cause that's now the new definition of fun and one was eh. Lunch break came rolling around and I walked into the cafeteria to find Aria laughing and talking to Rowan. That made me smile because they both barely talked after he left. They were really close and although Aria doesn't say it, I knew she missed him. 

My smile dropped at the person next to them. I shouldn't have been surprised after all we had the same set of friends. I continued to avoid him as I sat down next to Madison and started talking to her. I was laughing at something that Rowan and Madison had said when I noticed him staring at me. 

My face turned into a scowl and his turned into one of relief as I realised that I had just acknowledged his presence here. Scolding myself mentally, I went back to picking on food when I saw him giving me a sad smile from the corner of my eye.

 I hate him, I really do but that smile he gave me broke my heart. I tried to not let it show on my face how much it pained me to ignore him like this. To not have my Rhy next to me but he deserves I scolded myself again.

 The bell rang and I headed to my class with Aria when she told me, "He really feels bad you know? He apologised to me for doing that and he'd do anything to have you back kiddo." I asked her if she forgave him and as I had expected she did.

 I slightly nodded at her as I got lost in the words she just said. I didn't want to let my mind think or consider the possibilities cause I know that my resolve of hating him is wearing down and I refuse to let that happen.

The bell rang finally after what seemed like hours in Literature. I don't get it and I will always hate it. I went around in a hunt to find Aria when I found her by the lockers. The only good thing about him being back is that our friends are all finally talking to each other again. 

I felt my heart warm seeing Aria laughing and hugging Rowan as she was telling the others about her day. I walked over there and joined in on the conversation and I realised I was running late for my work at the cafe. I told everyone bye and out of pure habit I said "Bye Rhy".

I froze at the realisation of what I had just said and I quickly turned around to see his entire face light up. I paused and added, "Sorry, Rhysand". The smile on his face vanished as quickly as it came. I hated myself. I hated myself for doing this to him. I hated it so much, but every time I look at those grey eyes all I see and hear now is the face I wished and begged to come back, the voice I tried so desperately to call and talk to when he left. The stupidly cute face I wished would always be smiling by my side.

A/n like I said filler I will write more after I attempt to pass my 3rd lang exam. Also ya'll we're climbing 10 views everyday I'm so proud and thankful for all of you for giving all the love that this book's been getting. :) 

A/n from the future. Ya'll we just hit 1.3k as i was editing this. i love you guys sm. tysm

-yours truly :))