Chapter 29-"Gratitude."

-Present-

-Present-

a few days after Poppy's death

A thin figure was seen standing next to Poppy's grave. He collapsed onto the floor and sobbed. "I'm so sorry Poppy. I was drunk and I hit your car. I know I never treated you right and I made your life much worse but I was drunk and it led to your death. I can never forgive myself for it. Your parents didn't want to press charges against me, I'm eternally thankful but that doesn't change the fact that I killed you. I never treated you right did I? You always loved me regardless. I admired that about you. Always seeing the good in people. Nothing can excuse what I did. I cheated on you, hurt you and eventually killed you too. I'm sorry. You're such an amazing human you never deserved any of it. I hate myself for doing all of that to you. I hope you can forgive me. I'm sorry I never had the guts to say all of this when you were still here. Sorry for taking your life from you. I wish I loved you better. Good bye and sorry. Sorry for everything, my little bean."

Another figure was behind him. He turned and saw Rhysand. There was an awkward silence for about 10 minutes before he spoke, "She would have forgiven you, you know?". The figure replied, "I know, I wish I had the guts to apologise to her for it all. You deserve an apology too, after all I took her from you.". Rhysand sighed, hesitated before saying, "I hate you, I want to punch you and I really want to kill you but I know she wouldn't have wanted that. Being drunk isn't an excuse and it'll take time. I hope you change now, for the better.". The figure's eyebrows shot up. He had expected punches or anything. It would have been better. He met Rhysand's eyes and said, "It isn't an excuse. I think it's the biggest punishment I can get, for doing all that to her. I hope she forgives me from wherever she is. Regardless, thank you. I never treated her right, you gave her the world she deserved. Thank you for that. Sorry again, for ruining it and taking her away from all of you."

Rhysand's eyes softened, he didn't have the energy to really fight anymore but hearing his words he had some hope in him. "Keep in touch, I'd love to hear about what you're gonna do. I don't think I'd ever be able to forgive the world for taking her from me, but I'm glad you realised what you've been doing wrong. Goodbye Adam, live a good life."

Adam looked at Rhysand with pity,remorse,regret and most of all gratitude. Gratitude that he doesn't hate him. Gratitude towards Poppy.

He left the lilies near the grave, and walked as he watched Rhysand tell Poppy about his day.

A/n Andddd that's a wrap on my serotonin. I'd like to thank all my readers for showing so much love to it and constantly motivating me to write more. I genuinely contemplated discontinuing it but my god the love you guys showed.

I'd like to thank

liaaa140 ah my child, thank you so much for always hyping me up and the book up and my god the love you've shown for this is overwhelming. Thank you sm and ly kiddo :)

Zayntern, thank you sm. for always giving this book love and for convincing me to write it down whn i told u the story. I'll forever remember  our books rants and thank you sm for helping me out wid this :) ly :)

Muridayo_ai ah child u gave me my 1k views and the fact tht u always hyped me up out makes me happy. tysm ily

av kiddo :)) you gave me the idea for the last chap and the fact tht u always hyped the book up n gave it sm love. Thank you :) ily :)

_moody2shoes_ tysm for giving the song recc, runaway was such a perfect song for this book and for always giving company during allen lmao. ty :)

ya_boring child i don't know where to start. Thank you sm. For giving me, my book and my entire world so much love. You've made such a pretty impact on my life, i dont know how to thank you.

and to my friends n family as well ty n ly guys

lastly, my readers you guys gave serotonin so much love I dont know how to thank you enough. please give it love,share and comment i'd love to read them :)

This book is dedicated to all those fighting their own battles. 

-with love, yours truly.