Chapter 26-"With my best friend."

T/w: Death.

-Before poppy's death-

It's 2pm right now. We've been in the hospital for 4-5 hours now. The doctor came out and told us to say our goodbyes. My Pops isn't gonna make it. Everyone went one by one, Rowan asked if I needed him, I nodded no, I had to do this on my own. I closed my eyes and went in to see her lying there almost lifelessly. I closed my eyes and sat next to her. 

I sobbed silently as I told her, "Pops, you promised me we'd be together always, we were supposed to grow old together, knit jackets years later while complaining about how shitty a book was. We were supposed to do so much together. Travel, annoy others. I was supposed to watch you marry Rhys and you were supposed to be my maid of honour in my wedding. You promise you wouldn't leave. You promised me Poppy, please don't go. We were supposed to raise our kids to be best friends we had so much planned. I'll miss you. I love you. Please try."

I collapsed next to her and I silently cried, for the last time with my best friend.

I tied my bracelet around her hand, and walked out wiping my tears.

*************

-Before poppy's death-

Aria came out in tears, I gave her a warm hug before she reassured me and asked me to go in. I left her with the others before going in to say my last words to my little sister. I sat next to her and for the first time in 5 years, tears were streaming down my eyes. I've never been one to cry but for the first time in 5 years all my barriers broke down.

 I spoke, "You know Poppy, you've finally accomplished it. Remember? 2 years ago you told me that you'll make me cry once. I know you meant happy tears but you still accomplished. Open your eyes and see it, look I'm crying. I'm crying Pops please open your eyes. You and I were supposed to go skating, I was supposed to teach you how to skate, watch you fall. I was supposed to be the cool uncle who spoils your kids, threaten Rhys everytime he hurts you. We even got into the same college Pops we had so much planned in NYC. Please come back Pops, or try to. I'll let you record me crying Poppy. Please. I love you little sis, come on try."