Chapter 21-"I like you."

-Present-

-Present-

It took me 2 days to get everyone on board and get everything done for Popcorn. I've always wanted to do this for her, she hates valentines day but loves treasure hunts making this the perfect gift. I managed to convince Joe, the owner and chef of the diner to play Perfect, got Marie the waitress to decorate with me, bribed Alex to give Popcorn a piggy-back ride and convinced Trixy,Eric,Rowan to hold the letters and the managed to keep the entire group shut about the entire plan. God it was exhausting but all worth it when I got to see Popcorn smiling widely at me as she said "I'd love to Rhy."

I had our date completely planned out. Dinner at the Diner, taking a walk down and getting ice cream and then ending it with stars. I smiled as I helped her clean our booth from the balloons and helped her sit down.

 She was blushing. Poppy Rose Sencen was blushing and was shy. I ordered her favorite dish, Lasagna and vanilla milkshake. 

She seemed a little stunned that I remembered her order, it's hard not to because she gets it everytime we're here. She smiled warmly at me and asked me about my day today while we waited for our food to arrive. I gave her a basic run down, mostly me getting everything done for her treasure hunt.

 We talked more about our day and about random topics as we ate our food. I paid for the dinner and she never objects. Popcorn believes in her life motto, "If someone offers free food and you trust them, never pass it up". We walked out of the diner and she asked me, "So now what?" I grinned at her, grabbed her hand and ran down the street till we reached our ice cream shop.

We reached the ice cream shop completely exhausted and semi wet because it started raining. Maybe running wasn't the best idea but it was worth it. She ordered raspberry and blueberry sorbet and I ordered myself a classic butterscotch. Popcorn and her never ending love for berries, I don't get how she likes it but she does and because she always orders berries and not a lot of people like it no one bugs her for a spoon. Sometimes I think that's why she buys it everytime. We ate our ice cream in peace while watching the rain.

I was lowkey bugged because this meant the stars won't be that visible today. It was worth it I suppose, she loves the rain and loves playing in it. I constantly have to make sure that she doesn't fall sick because of it. She paid for the ice cream this time, she gave me an excuse and told me, "If I dry out your wallet today, how will you last the rest of my life?". 

I smiled and let her pay as I waited outside. She paid, ran out of the store and right in the middle of the rain as she started running around and splashed around with the puddles. She dragged me into the rain and I told her, "Only today I'll let you play in the rain. Only because I want to see you smile." 

She blushed but regardless dragged me into the rain. I put my arms around her and we slowly fell into a peaceful rhythm of swaying to a random tune she was humming. She looked up at me with so much happiness in her eyes that I couldn't hold out any longer and I kissed her.

She kissed me back  and holyshit this was so perfect. I pulled her closer to me and we stayed there in the rain kissing for however long we wanted. We smiled in between them and danced and played in the rain for a solid hour and half until the rain stopped. 

We walked back to my car and I gave her my extra hoodie in the car to keep her warm as I headed back to her home to drop her off. She was about to walk in but she turned back, ran, hugged me and said, "Thank you Rhy. This was the best Valentine's day I've ever had." I looked down at her, put my forehead on her. "I like you. I really do Poppy. I really like you.". Popcorn just looked up at me and smiled, "I like you too. I like you so much I don't know what to do"

That made my entire year.

A/n ahahaha yes ik my updates are really less rn. But but but im gonna start updating more often again, i cleared out everything stopping me and u guys are gonna get more updates now so yayayayayayyay :) also. we hit 87 out of 6.3k in mistakes and 996 out of 75.5k in happy.

Holy shit. THANK YOU sm i cant i legit cant. You guys gave this book so much love i'm forever indebt. Ily guys as always

A/N hello humans. I realised pops n rhys never do say i like u to each other so i added tht. enjoyy :)