Chapter 18: Over The River & Through The Woods

~Maria Santiago~

"Please join me, love." He says in this deep content voice that leaves me paralyze in the greenery around us.

I shouldn't be surprised that he knew it was me even though he rejected me. It is still there. That tension we have, the unspoken words and the connection we have. I feel it whenever we are near and when we are apart its like there is this sonar built into me that leads me to him each and every time.

Stupid mate bond.

I slowly walk up to Jacob and sit on the edge of the cliff. I wanted to come here to be by myself because I know if I went into the pack house Lilly will suffocate me with questions and just because Jacob is here doesn't mean I have to leave. We can both be around each other without it feeling weird, right?

'NOT!' Alice snorts at my thinking

I sit down with a reasonable amount of distance between Jacob and I. My legs dangle off the cliff with the crashing water below me and my gaze is set on the city far away from us. The cold air surrounds us while the wind causes my hair to shield my face and I rub my warm sweater to my already warm body. The benefits of being a werewolf no matter how cold it is I will always be warm.

"Were you looking for me, love?" Jacob asks and his term of endearment causes my blood to spread to my cheeks and I hide the smile that creeps on my face using a curtain of my hair. I have to remember that I am mad at him. He broke me and abandoned me. He may be my alpha, but I can never see him as my mate.

"For your information, Alpha I met with my father and Beta Luke to discuss the wedding." I say full with formality not letting a single ounce of emotion drip from my voice.

Jacob visible tenses, his hands clench in a fist and his eyes turn from his warm chocolate brown into a golden. A deep growl escape his throat in warning that should bring me into submission but it doesn't. Our eyes are pouring into each other not backing down searching for something in each other.

"Is there something I can help you with, Alpha?" I ask when we both don't look away.

"Did you know you. You are very sexy when you try to be sarcastic." Jacob says all the tension immediately leaves his body and the gold in his eyes escapes and is replaced with a smirk.

I laugh at his outburst. He thinks he can use his sweet words, charming smile, passionate eyes and deep voce to.....to.....to.......Where was I going with this?

'Oh, I know where you where going.' Alice says wiggling her eyebrows

I shake my head and bring myself back to reality. "Wow, that was cute. Does that line work on your other girls or did you save that one special for me, Alpha." I tell him ignoring the sparks I feel staring into his eyes. I need to focus on this anger I have towards him after all he did to me.

"Awww Maria, you sure know how to bruise a young wolf self-esteem. I was only stating a fact. I can't resist a fiery she-wolf." He says slowly closing up the gap between us. The whole time he is doing this I feel like he is reacting a scene for a rom-com. Nothing original what a shame, and he is supposed to lead a pack.

"A fiery she-wolf that can kick your ass." I state not backing down.

"I would love to test that theory, Maria. It would take all.night.long." He says in a slow deliberate fashion and this stupid bond is here in full force.

How he keeps saying my name is not helping either; its like he is trying to seduce me using my own name. He says my name like the way my hispanic people speak in our native tongue, slowly caressing it in your mouths till we can fully appreciate the full taste of it.