Chapter 15: What's Under The Mask

"I wanted to ask you if you could help me with an outfit for my date with Luke?" I ask Lilly when I'm at her door.

        "Are you kidding me? I would love too!" Lilly says bouncing off her bed to me.

        I roll my eye at her excitement about looking forward to a simple task as in finding an outfit for a date. Then again if this was a simple task I wouldn't have to ask her for some help. When Lilly and I go into my room it's still full of 'welcome home' balloons. She goes straight into my closet searching through racks of clothes. 

           "So whats going on with Alex?" I ask trying to make casual conversation. 

         Her arm halts in mid clothing browsing and her body stiffens. "I don't know what you are talking about." 

          She has a fake smile on her face and she holds up a dress in-front of me contemplating if it looks good on me and I shake my head no. "I'm talking about you leave his bedroom in the middle of the night." 

         She puts the dress back on the rack, "What's going on with you and Luke?" She counters obviously uncomfortable with the topic of conversation.

          "He is my fiancé. If you don't want to talk about it I'll stop." She turns back to me with sad eyes, "I know I'm sorry about that." I turn my head to avoid looking at her sympathy. 

             "I don't want to wear a dress. I prefer jeans and a t-shirt." I tell her changing the subject. I only ask because that's what I thought girls do when they are together.

               "On your first date! Your only joking, right." She exclaim and I shake my head no. 

           I'm really not in the mood to bear all my skin out for the whole world to see. Lilly sighs and continues to look for something for me to wear.

               "It happens ever time things between us get really heated in a fight. You have seen how we are." She explains in a low voice and I see the confusion  in her. 

              "Briefly," I mutter scornfully. Lilly turns her head ready to comfort me but I stop her. 

              "I'm running low on time. Luke said he will pick me up at 8" 

              "After what happen outside I'm surprised Luke is even coming back after the Alpha going crazy." Lilly gossips about her Alpha. 

              'It was so hot.' Alice fans herself on her mate reactions.

             When Luke walked me home Alpha Jacob went off on him for no reason. Well he has a reason, just not a good one. I mean he rejected me not the other way around. He is not allowed to have a childish tantrum because of what happening between his Beta and I. 

              I still can't believe I have a fiancé already. "What happen anyway. When Tyler and I came out to break up the fight they both didn't say a word." 

            When Jacob said Luke isn't allowed to touch me, he started punching him and Luke defended himself. I yelled at them to stop and Tyler heard me and broke them up. Jacob said nothing and just glared at Luke then walked off into the woods after looking at me with so much hurt in his eyes. It killed me to see him like that. 

             "Your guess is as good as mine." I lie and I hate lying to her, but I don't want anyone to know that Jacob is my mate. 

             "Okay I found an outfit for you. Go and take a shower to get ready." I swiftly turn on my heel into my bathroom turning on the water.