Chapter 13: The Unlucky Number

*****

       "Stop! Stop! I can't handle it anymore!"  

            The hissing sound of the metal rod branding my skin is almost ear pitching, and I am screaming and pleading for the pain to stop. The smell of my burning flesh is making me nauseous. I feel like a piece of meat being prepared for a big hearty family dinner. I just want the pain to stop.

        I am begging for mercy.

         This has been going on for hours. Till my voice is almost gone from my screaming. Loki removes the rod from my shoulder blade and sets it back on the heater for it to reheat. The metal rod takes a while to heat up but when its done the sound is similar to a tea kettle on a stove ready to be poured out.

           My breath is short and I'm having my head low from exhaustion. While the rod is producing a high pitch whistle to signal its done. Loki walks to the front of my naked body slowly watching me carful like I am his custom made toy just for him. Which I kinda am. 

          He kneels down and use his fingers to lift my head to make eye contact. "Are you tired doll face?" He question with a sick type of glee behind his eyes and I know he is enjoying himself. 

        I answer honestly by nodding my head yes. His smile widens and I know he is amused, "Awwww but we only just begun. I'm not sure I want to part with you just yet." He leans down closer to my face and leaves a sloppy wet kiss on my right cheek and again on my left cheek. 

          When I think he is going to continue all color leaves my face from panic, but I am saved by the bell. When the bell goes off signaling that Loki "fun" time is over, he looks disappointed and backs away a few steps from me. "Till next time doll face" 

       I sink to the floor with my silver chains and start to cry historically. 

        "No. No. NO!"

*****

        "No! No! NO!" 

              I am screaming in-between my sobs and I feel myself shaking rapidly but I can't stop screaming. "NO! NO!" The shaking doesn't stop but getting more urgently then there is a wave of cold water over me. 

            My eyes pop open and I am back to reality. My breathing is coming out in panits and the beating of my heart is like college drumming band. The cold water is making my whole body shiver. It takes awhile for my eyes to adjust from my sleepy daze and the droplets of water until I see Tyler standing over me with worry evident in his face. 

          "What happen?" I ask short of breath and confused as to why he poured cold water on me. 

         "I think you were having a nightmare. You were screaming "No" in your sleep, so I woke you up." He explains but his eyes are search mines like I was kidnapped all over agin and the person in front of him was a ghost. 

"Oh, yeah I was, but why the water?" I point to the now empty gallon that once had water in it.

        "I tried to wake you by shaking you but you just kept crying, so I got the water." 

        "Thank you" I say quietly and get out of Tyler's bed into the adjoining bathroom and shut the door. 

                 I clutch the counter for dear life and examine myself in the mirror. When I lift my head to see who is in the mirror it is unrecognizable. The little girl in the mirror looks scared and damaged there is no color in my face. Maybe I am a ghost. 

      'It's going to get better. We are going to get better.' Alice comforts me.

             My eyes are wide open and my pupils are dilated constantly moving never focusing on one thing. My mouth is parted trying to breath in oxygen and when I raise my hands they are trembling. My clothes are sticking to my body like second skin and I realize I can't walk around in this. I need to go back to my room. I thought if I stayed with Tyler last night the nightmare wouldn't happen but I guess I was wrong.