Chapter 17: No Breakfest At Tiffany's

~Maria Santago~

     It wont move.

   My hand is suspended in the air and it wont move. I don't even know why I'm here, he has made it quite clear that he doesn't want me.

    'I SWEAR TO THE MOON GODESS. IF YOU DON'T KNOCK ON THIS DOOR. I WILL COME OUT AND BREAK THE DOOR DOWN!' Alice is furious of this minor barrier between her and our mate.

    I just can't bare to see his sculpted face. I don't want to hear his beautiful voice saying ugly words. I wont be able to hear him say how he doesnt want me.

     I drop my hand and turn to Tyler's room.

****************************************************

    "Maria! Wake up! Maria, please!" Tyler shake my shoulder to wake me up. My eyes open wide with concern wondering if something happen while I was asleep.

      "You were having another nightmare." Tyler says and I can tell he is upset that I'm still having them.

     "Thanks" I say in a quite tone. He shakes his head but he doesn't say what's on his mind, "Your father is downstairs and he wants to see you."

      He leaves me surprised that my father is here. I get out of his bed and make my way to my room to put on some clothes. I decide to wear black leggings, a white undershirt and a big grey sweater with a leopard print scarf. I am so grateful for the cold November whether I can wear as much as I want and show as little as possible.

   I walk downstairs into the living room to see my father sitting on the couch looking beyond sophisticated. He stands to give me a once-over then give out a deep sigh of disappointment. "I should have told Tyler to tell you to wear something appropriate."

    I look down at myself now feeling self-conscious. I put my head down and warp my arms around myself to see if they will protect me from his harsh words.

    "We are going out for breakfast, we need to make plans for your wedding and coronation." I lift my head in confusion, "What coronation I'm not an alpha?"

     "We will discuss this at breakfast, and since you are dressed like this I will have to re-consider where we are going." He scolds at me and leads me out the door into a car.

      He opens the backseat door for me and I slid in. I notice a driver behind the steering wheel and my father slid in the seat next to me. Why does my father need a driver?

       "To minnie's café " My father says to the driver and the cars starts up.

~A Boring Car Ride Later~ (SpongBob Square Pants Voice)

      We sat in silence the whole ride here. We rode into town in-front of a small cafe with a signs that says 'minnie's cafe' The place looks very inviting.

     My father and I are sitting at a table outside the cafe. A waiter comes with a white apron and a notepad in hand, "Welcome to Minnie's cafe, What can I get you both?" He ask with a polite grin on his face.

      "I would have french toast and she will have scrambled egg whites with mix fruit, thank you." My father says dismissing the waiter with a confused look on his face. I wish he didn't order for me, I didn't want eggs and fruit I wanted pancakes.

        He notices my disappointment with his food choice and answers my unspoken comment. "You need the protein from the eggs and the nutrients from the fruit. If you are going to bare the beta pups. We need to get your health in top shape. Your too skinny."