Chapter 23: Nezu and Kittens!

Start from the beginning

"Yeah that's smart!" Izuku smiles.

"Thank you, and Izuku, why don't you and Shinso come to my office tomorrow for lunch, Hatsume will be here too. The three of us can talk some more." Nezu recleans the papers.

"Really sir?" Izuku asks.

"Yes! Now the meeting should be done in five minutes so go meet up with your fathers." Nezu opens the door.

"Okay, thank you sir!" Izuku waves and walks out of the office.

"What a bright young man, I think I like him enough to let him join my personal bubble. He's going to be a fine hero." Nezu talks to himself.

"Aizawa did good."

Aizawa POV:

   I messed up. We finished the meeting and went home. I went to my office to get some paperwork done while Hizashi and Izuku went for a walk. At first everything was fine but then I got a call from Hizashi saying I need to bring the car to the park.

   Why they need me to bring the car is beyond me. Before I could ask he hung up. Now I'm panicking and struggling to drive ten blocks to the park.

'What if Izuku got hurt, what if it was a villain? The hero killer is on the loose and the League of Villains. This isn't good.'

   I worry and pull up to the park's parking lot. I see Izuku and Hizashi walking this way. They're carrying a box. What the fuck is in the box?

"Izuku, Hizashi! Are you alright, what happened?" I sprint to them.

"Oh we're fine Sho, we did make a discovery in the park..." Hizashi looks at the box that's in Izuku's arms. He flips open the lid and there's a small kitten inside with clumps of fur around its neck and paws.

"We found him and didn't want to leave him out here." Izuku uses one hand to rub the back of his neck.

"His name is Cappuccino and he's part of the family now!" Hizashi sticks his tongue out.

"Oh okay. I thought someone got hurt." I look at the kitten who's fast asleep.

"Cute little thing. Let's get him home, we can bathe him, get him something to eat, then see if he has a family." I say taking the box from Izuku's arms and handing the keys to Hizashi.

"Okay." Izuku opens the passenger seat door to let me in.

"Thank you." I sit the box on the dashboard while I buckle up. Izuku nods his head getting in the back of the car.

   We drive back to the house and the kitten sleeps the whole time. Cappuccino, what a cute little guy. He needs cleaning though, he has matted fur and dirty eyes. Izuku grabs some towels and sets them on the floor of the bathroom. We give Cappuccino a much needed bath. He fusses a bit but does pretty good for his size.

   I look over to Izuku who has a gentle smile stuck to his face. His emerald eyes are fixed on the cat. He pays much attention to cleaning gently. He hardly rubs at all, just enough to get dirt out. I look in his eyes and see flickers of pain. I get it. He wishes someone did this to him when he was younger. He's careful because he doesn't want to do what the world did to him. My heart starts to break. He might be safe now but it was nearly too late when Hizashi and I adopted him. We can't take away his pain. Even though that's what I want.

   The kitten gives a meow, begging for my attention. I turn back to his wet and thin body. He shakes and shivers.

"Okay, I think that did it, kid. We should dry him off." I say turning to Izuku.

"Right." He grabs a towel to dry Cappuccino.

   We sit on the floor drying him with soft towels. Cappuccino runs between the two of us. I use one of the other cat's brushes to untangle him. He meows at every chance he gets. Each meow makes my heart melt because of Izuku's little reactions. Sometimes he giggles, sometimes he coo's, other times he just smiles at the kitten.

   After 20 minutes of drying time he looks like a cat again. Sleek white fur with brown and black splotches, he has lime colored eyes he uses to gaze at us. Cappuccino looks ready to join us downstairs. Mocha and Espresso are both good at meeting new people and animals, so they should take in Cappuccino as one of their own.

   We walk down stairs where Hizashi sits with the other cats. Looks like he just got off the phone.

"I got done calling the vet clinic and they're closed today. Other than that I couldn't find any missing cat information on little Cappuccino." Hizashi coo's at the cat.

"Okay, he looks old enough for solid food so let's try some kibble. He looks pretty small." I say picking Cappuccino up off the floor.

"Right, I'll get a small bowl for him with some kibble." Izuku walks out to the laundry room and then returns with two bowls in hand. One with water the other with food.

"Here you go." I sit the kitten back on the floor.

   He sniffs the bowls and takes a few licks of water. He smells the food but turns around to the three of us. He looks at us with the little lime eyes like we're crazy. He might be a street cat but his standards must be higher than what we served him. That is until the other two cats welcome themselves to his bowl. They take bites out which cause Cappuccino to go puffy. He runs back to the bowl and starts to eat it all up. The interaction makes Izuku and Hizashi giggle.

   For the rest of the day Izuku and Hizashi play games with Cappuccino, Mocha, and Espresso. When they walk away to be done playing they're followed around the house. Once, Izuku had gotten up to go to the bathroom and all three of them started crying and meowing. They practically chased him down until Izuku played with them again.

   After a few hours we decided to eat some dinner. The cats got a second set of food and we dug into some noodles that Hizashi found in the pantry. I'm not sure what it is but it was pretty good. Hizashi is definitely improving as a chef. After that we bathed ourselves and put on some pajamas. We have school again tomorrow so we should have gotten to bed by 10:00 but we stayed up with the cats.

   It's weird, the night I have off of patrol, I don't want to sleep. Me and Izuku end up staying awake until 2:00 am-ish when we must have decided to sleep on the couch. All I remember was cuddling next to Izuku, to keep warm. The cats chased each other around and we dozed off.

I wish we could've stayed like that forever.

A/N: Hope you liked this chapter! It was fun to write. This chapter has 18001 words!