Failure of a Father

"This is really good Fuyumi. You became a pretty good cook." Touya hummed. "Though I'm pretty sure Katsuki could beat you. You two should have a contest at some point."

   "Bakugo? Really? I can understand him cooking well while camping but it's hard to think of him not blowing the kitchen up."

   "You haven't seen him in an actual kitchen. He cooked most meals for us. Maybe that's why he got an internship and not you~"

   "Ohhh! Burn!" Natsuo snickered. 

   Shoto huffed quietly. "He only passed because Shinso," Touya huffed at the name, "Kirishima, and Kaminari were with him."

   "You're just salty."

   "Stop teasing him." Fuyumi huffed as she picked up the dishes. 

   Touya stood to help grab the dishes. 

   The door opened. 

   Four heads swiveled to look. 

   A very tall man walked into the dining area. 

   Touya's heart sank. He grit his teeth and looked down. Shit shit shit shit shit.

   "What are you doing here?" Natsuo grit out immediately. 

   "I returned from work early. If you remember, Fuyumi offered me the ability to come over if I should need to."

   "Don't need to." Shoto huffed. 

   "Boys..." Fuyumi started. 

   "He shouldn't be here Fuyumi!"

   Touya kept his head down as he grabbed his dishes and ducked around Natsuo heading for the kitchen. 

   "Why is he here?"

   "He was invited. Unlike you." Shoto huffed. "Hes my escort off campus."

   "I see. In that case I will get what I came for and leave."

   Touya ducked into the kitchen finally as the voices faded into the background. That was way too close. He grit his teeth more anger bubbling in his veins and fire licking up his hands. 

   Another hand cupped over his with a soothing cool. 

   Touya looked up. 

   Natsuo looked just as angry but of course his worry for his brother outweighed that. "You're gonna burn yourself. You don't have your gear."

   The older sighed and let the fire sizzle out. "Fine. I should go. Shoto needs to get back to the dorms."

   Natsuo sighed. "Yeah. Sorry. I didn't know he would be here."

   "It's fine Natsu. It wasn't you." Touya dropped the dishes off and headed back to the dining area. Endeavor was gone. 

   "Come on Shoto. Time to go."

   Shoto gave a quick glance at Fuyumi before he stood. "Okay. Goodbye Fuyumi. Natsuo."

   Natsuo ruffled Shoto's hair lightly. "See you around half n' half. Make sure Touya stays in touch."

   Touya rolled his eyes. "C'mon Shoto."

   Shoto nodded and headed out the door alongside Touya.