Important Conversations

'Sho what are you planning to do with him?' Hizashi signed glancing at the boy from behind his glasses. 

   Touya was eating some leftover take out from the day before. He seemed like he was starving. 

   'We can't take him back to Endeavor.'

   'That's obvious enough. But what are we going to do? We're busy with hero work and teaching not to mention my show!' 

   'I know Zashi. I wasn't thinking okay? I saw him and you know how I can get.'

   Hizashi signed and pinched the bridge of his nose. 'I know. I really want to help the kid... but I don't know what we can do Sho...'

   "Wow." A voice shocked the two out of their conversation. 

   Touya had slid out of his chair and was now sitting on the floor. He was petting one of their many cats with a bright grin on his face. 

   Hizashi furrowed his brows and walked over. "Whatcha doin' little listener?"

   Touya jumped lightly and put up the defensive shield again. "Petting the cat. Endeavor never let us have pets. Keigo found a stray cat once... but it was sick so it didn't make it."

   "Who's Keigo?"

   Touya wilted a bit. "A friend of mine... I really liked hanging out with him... but then something happened. I think my dad found out his dad was doing something illegal. So Keigo's dad took him and ran off. I never saw him again..." 

   Hizashi felt a pain stab him. "I see. Do you like cats then?" 

   Touya nodded. "This ones soft."

   Hizashi chuckled. "Yeah. Sho had a knack for finding the good ones. This is Bell. She's a sweetheart."

   "I really like her."

   "Thats good to know. Hey Touya?"

   "Mhmm?" The boy seemed more at ease as he pet the cat. He still had an edge but it was less prominent. 

   "How old are you anyway?"

   "Nine."

   Hizashi felt even worse." Your hair is pretty dirty."

   Touya glanced up as if he hadn't noticed. "I guess so. Must be the ash and stuff. I dunno it looks kinda cool."

   "Maybe you could dye it black. It would throw Endeavor off while you stayed with us."

   Touya looked up and then glanced over the loud man's shoulder at the other adult and then back again. "Stay with you?" 

   Hizashi inwardly sighed knowing he was already attached to the poor boy who seemed so familiar... "If you want. We could make it work Touya."

   The boy frowned as if thinking. The cat butt his head to get more pats. A smile fell across his face again as he looked down. "Yeah... Okay. I'd like that."

   Hizashi smiled and looked back at Shouta. Shoulder could only give a smug smirk.