Chapter 14~ Shay

The next day, I gather some answers.

"Why didn't you ever tell me about the baby?" I whisper as Dani and I walk to lunch.

"I don't know" she mumbles.

"Did you ever tell him?" I ask.

"No" Dani answers.

"Now get off this subject" she adds.

We sit down and eat for a couple minutes in silence, till Kyle and Jonah join us.

"Did you check out the diary?" Kyle asks as he opens his water bottle. I notice a bunch of papers sticking out of his binder, and they look awfully like the ones in Alexis's diary. Did he take them? Why would he?

"Yes, and there's something missing" I answer. He begins drinking his water, and doesn't look guilty.

"What's missing?" He questions.

"A couple pages at the end, it seems like they were torn out" I reply, and look over at Jonah, who is totally clueless.

"What the heck happened?" He asks as he notices me staring.

"Kyle found Alexis's diary. I was reading it, but once I got to the end I noticed some pages were ripped out" I answer.

"Oh, I have those. They had fallen out in my car" Kyle states, and hands them to me. I immediately begin reading them.

July 31st

I am so much better than I was. No sadness. No weakness. It's time to get back to doing what I do best.

Messing up people's lives.

But first, let me tell you about my perfect man.

Oh, I haven't even told you the best about him!

The other day, I went over for breakfast he made crapes and bacon and even had some iced coffee from McDonald's. I love him and we haven't even known each other that long!

He bought me a necklace with a heart gemstone. Oh my it's beautiful!

When I asked why he bought it for me, he told me because he saw it and thought I needed to have it. Aww, right?!

Anyways, back to the stuff that's actually interesting. Something with each of my friends happened this week.

I noticed Kyle with red scratches along his arm, almost like he was trying to cut himself but didn't go deep enough. I asked him about it, and he said it was his cat.

He doesn't have a cat.

Part of me wants to tell Kyle about my depression stage, so I think about it, and decide maybe it'd help him. I may be kind of devious, but I don't want people to go through what I had to go through.

So, I go to his house that night, and open up to him. It was probably the most candor thing I've ever done, but then he kissed me. He apologized right after, but I was too stunned to say anything. All I did was leave, gosh, what if I made him hurt himself even more?

Anyways, back to everyone else, Shay is into this guy, Nate, but I see the way she flirts with Aiden. I wonder if she's like me now, or if just everyone is like that with him.

Dani dyed her hair black. It looks disgusting. Why would you go from being a ginger to black? She's a freaking goth like her sister.

Jonah obviously has feelings for Dani. He drools whenever she's around. He always "accidentally" pokes her shoulder or arm. Also, he flirts with her like crazy. He always compliments her. Like seriously, it's disturbing.