President Perfect

Start from the beginning

Keith turned around to get to class and looked up. Lance was staring at him and when he noticed Keith, his cheeks flared and he smiled, giving him a two fingered salute. Keith turned beet red, he waved then rushed to class.

Once Keith was out of sight, Pidge quirked an eyebrow,"Hey, student council is hosting an event on Saturday to raise money and volunteer sign-ups are at the office. Are you gonna do it again?" Hunk smiled,"You don't have to, buddy. It's the weekend and from what I've seen, they have quite a few volunteers." Lance didn't think twice about it and grinned,"Will Keith be there?" Pidge scoffed,"Ugh, romance. Yes, of course he is, for student council it's mandatory and he's student council President."

"Then I'm in."

The event was actually super fun, a petting zoo where kids could play and pet different animals. Lance was there and Keith did his best to avoid him and his friends. They're amazing, really and he's incredibly kind, smart and beautiful-but that's not the point! But he couldn't talk straight to him without stuttering or blushing. But that didn't stop Lance. He approached him, like always, and started up a delightful conversation where Keith couldn't help but smile and every now and then he noticed how Keith would look down nervously and fiddle with the end of his red flannel. He ran his fingers through his bangs and scratched the bottom of his head. He noticed how his clean cute cut hair was growing out, little by little. Lance thought it was still cute.

Somehow, miraculously Pidge, Hunk, AND Lance sat with him at lunch and talked to him like old friends, Pidge smirking every now and then.

Maybe they were.

After a few weeks of this new stage in his life, his friends decided they wanted to have a sleepover together. Hunk said he would've offered it at his place, but he lived with his girlfriend, Shay. Keith shrugged,"That's fine. I just have to ask Shiro if it's okay. I'll ask him after class." Lance his face on his hand and sighed dreamily while winking,"Thanks, Mullet." Keith's hair had now grown out into what Lance called a mullet. It totally hadn't grown out and Keith didn't cut it because Lance said he liked it. Totally not that.

But it was annoying because a lot of people liked it and fawned over him more.

At least he was having a sleepover.

                                                                    ~

Shiro was ecstatic about it. He agreed joyfully and Keith found himself in a position he felt comfortable in. Lance was by his side and their hands briefly would touch and that was awesome. He and Pidge were geeking out about Mothman and aliens like crazy as Lance teased them playfully as always. He would laugh and smirk and he liked it because, dammit he was gay and he loved Lance. His smirks were so enticing.

Hunk was next to Pidge, constantly ordering and serving food, reassuring the others he was paying. Yeah. Keith could get comfortable with this.

They decided to play a bunch of video games, especially Voltron. Pidge played at first but then got wasted. Hunk was just sleeping because he can. It's surprising Lance was still totally sober. Keith drank a bit, not much. But he felt himself slowly slipping away every time Lance won a round and grinned and smiled his biggest smile. 

Lance took a sip.

Keith just watching it bit his lip.

Lance told a joke

Keith literally nearly choked and Lance loved his blush and soft smile.

Lance put down the controller and glanced over at Pidge and Hunk. He said something but it was too hard for Keith to hear with the thumping of his heart. Something about them couldn't hold it. He looked back and his ocean eyes fluttered closed, scrunched up and grinned.