Chapter 28: It Won't (1)

******

"Cale Henituse-"

"Rather than scolding me, you should help them stop the prophets."

'...This bastard-'

Kim Dokja fought the urge to smack him at the back of his head. Just why won't this boy listen to him? He wanted to smack some sense into him, quite literally.

It shouldn't be like this. He had trust issues with Cale, but that doesn't mean he will let him die like this. At least, not yet.

"I'm telling you, your shield won't be able to take it."

"Why do you sound like you know my skill better than I do?"

"And if I actually do, will you believe me?"

Cale scoffed in disbelief.

What's up with him? Why is this man claiming that his shield would break when he already saw how it was able to block the flames? His confidence irks him.

This stupid fool couldn't even tell that his companions were only feigning ignorance in front of his face. He can't even see through their act. Oh, how convincing that is.

"Kim Dokja, there's a difference between knowing my skill's capability and knowing the dragon's ferociousness. Just, leave this to me."

Haaa. Seriously, why does he have to help someone he can't even sc-get along well with?

The ravenette scowled at him, but he failed to notice this as he shifted his gaze back to the dragon. At the same time, he heard a loud growl.

Grrrrrr!

Wow, such impeccable timing.

There he saw the sharp claws of the forbidding dragon as it moved towards them. Cale cursed under his breath as he quickly raised his palms in the air to activate the shield, but then-

"Watch out!"

"What-ugh!"

Baaam!

"Nghh.. oww..."

Cale's face contorted in a grimace of pain.

The claws landed on the spot where they stood just a few moments ago. The platform cracked and debris scattered around the area.

"Ughh..."

Fortunately, they both managed to dodge the attack. No, Cale was going to block it but Kim Dokja pushed him on the side.

'F*ck, what was that for?!'

He felt an immense pain in his back caused by the collision. His body got slammed into the wall and f*cking hell, he thought his spine broke. He's not exaggerating, it really hurts like a b*tch!

He slowly rubbed his back to soothe the pain. Seriously, why is it so painful? Is the Vitality of the Heart not working? No, it should be working. Is it because his stats were low as f*ck? He was going to raise it after this scenario!

Cale couldn't stand up, so he had to crawl forward. He swore to himself that he would return the pain to Kim Dokja. That damn bastard had the audacity to make him suffer like this. Did he really intend to save him or was he trying to kill him?

His eyes roamed around, trying to look for Kim Dokja, but Igneel's sudden attack had made the situation even more chaotic than ever. It was the same for the voices inside his head.

•Cale! Why are you crawling?

•I think he's suffering from an injury...

•Hey crybaby, are you really doing your job properly?!