Chapter 12: It's A Curse (3)

I did some minor edit cuz I made a mistake about Han Myungoh's curse. Thank you toodalube for correcting me! Much appreciated!

******

The hole was naturally dug down in a vertical slope. However, as soon as they entered, they could stand as if gravity was in effect perpendicular to the ground. It was due to the magic power emitted by the Edge of Darkness.

"This way."

The darkness was so deep that they couldn't see anything, so they could only move forward with Lee Gilyoung. Black ether had the property of absorbing light, making a flashlight meaningless.

If Lee Gilyoung's ability Diverse Communication wasn't available, Kim Dokja might have to use coins again.

"Excuse me hyung."

Lee Gilyoung called out Kim Dokja.

"Did you do it on purpose?"

"…What?"

"When that uncle grabbed noona and ahjussi, you let it go."

He had a moment of hesitation. In the darkness, Lee Gilyoung's fingertips were strange. Before Kim Dokja could ask how he knew, Lee Gilyoung spoke.

"At that time, I was looking at hyung's face."

He was watching him even in those short moments. A very scary kid. It was no good hiding from a person who was so quick.

"Yes, that's right."

The answer was terrible and a message bomb was set off his head. Indeed, this was a spectacle for the constellations.

[Constellations of absolute good frown at your cruelty.]

[The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is pressing you with shining eyes.]

"Why did you do that?"

"It is because of the habit of the ground rats."

Kim Dokja decided to answer honestly. "The ground rats have a habit of keeping their catches in the same place as their treasure. It isn't just food. Many things that seem rare are gathered. For example, an item. However, the paths are so complicated that it can't be found unless I follow them directly."

Lee Gilyoung was silent for a moment. He continued speaking.

"I expected him to take Han Myungoh. I didn't expect him to grab onto Yoo Sangah."

"Then your purpose isn't to save noona or ahjussi, it is the items?"

"Yes. Are you disappointed?"

"Nope." Lee Gilyoung's small hand gripped his finger tightly.

"Hyung shouldn't lie."

"…"

"I know hyung isn't that kind of person. I believe in you."

[Some constellations are touched to tears.]

[200 coins have been sponsored.]

Lee Gilyoung didn't act like a child but he was still a child. Lee Gilyoung didn't know. To be mature and to be an adult were completely different things. In this world, there were mean adults who would take advantage of such maturity.

That was what Kim Dokja thought. What he didn't know was that the child in front of him have already been through a lot, enough for him to know some things in life that even Kim Dokja didn't know yet.