Chapter 25: Here We Come! (1)

This chapter took too long AAAAAAAAAAA

I was gonna finish it yesterday and post it at exactly 12 am but it backfired because of a certain update :) (I've moved on, i promise)

******

"...A divine item?"

"Y-Yes. There was also an oracle...It said that only the owner of the divine item could use it."

The crazy priestess Cage heaved a deep sigh. A divine item appearing at a time like this, it was obvious who it was for. Still, she had to confirm it.

"Who's the said owner?"

"It–"

"Miss Cage!"

The voice echoed through the hallway. Cage turned around and saw Jack that was running towards them.

"Jack? What is it? What happened?"

Cage supported the panting Jack. The other priest felt uncomfortable as he looked at the Pope of the Sun God's Church. The ex-priestess only told them about the private ritual and that they should stay away from the room where it's going to be held. It was unknown why the half-saint Jack was with the crazy priestess Cage.

One was serving the Sun God, a God who opposes the darkness, and one formerly served the God of Death, a God who's associated with the darkness. The two God's are very opposite. However, contrary to the Gods they're linked to, these two seemed to be very close. Just how is that even possible?

"Uhh...It's back..."

"What do you mean?"

"Haa...Divine powers, I felt it."

"What? Already?"

A deep frown formed in Cage's face. That f*cking God of Death told her it will take days for them to channel their divine powers back to their dimension. A day hadn't even passed and it's already back, with a divine as well. Did he lied to her? Or...

"...The flow of time is faster in the other dimension?"

"Other dimension...?"

Cage shut her mouth when she realized that the priest she was just talking to was still with them.

"It's nothing. Keep an eye on the divine item, I will take care of it later."

"...Alright."

The priest chose to obey her words even though she was already excommunicated. It's because the God of Death still favored her even after she was excommunicated from the church.

"...I think that is the case, Miss Cage."

Jack responded as soon as the priest was out of sight.

"It is still faint, but I think it will be ready soon."

"Hmm. Then we should get it ready."

"Mhm. By the way, you mentioned a divine item..."

"A divine item from the God of Death just came."

"Oh, is it for...?"

"It must be for young master Cale. I can only think of him at this moment."

Jack nodded in agreement. He thought so as well. It must be something that will help young master Cale in the other dimension. He was curious, what could the young master be possibly doing there?

"Let's go, we still need to fix the magic circle."

"Then I will go inform them after that."

******