TWENTY - TWO

Luna walked down the staircase into the Cullen's living room, a somewhat feel of anxiety in her stomach

Luna walked down the staircase into the Cullen's living room, a somewhat feel of anxiety in her stomach. She didn't know why, after all, she felt more beautiful than she had in a while, but never the less the feeling was still there. She smiled shyly when she met eyes with Jasper who waited patiently at the bottom of the staircase for her. 

"Wow, you look beautiful." Is all he said when she reached the bottom. 

She looked down at the floor and mumbled a quick "Stop it." 

"I mean it," Jasper told her, his hand reaching for hers "you look beautiful." 

"Thank you." She smiled lightly. 

She then looked at him and couldn't help but notice he dressed up too. He wore a sleek black suit with a pressed white button-up. He had also done his hair, something that Luna wasn't used to seeing. She smirked and nudged his arm, "You're all dressed up too." 

"Aren't you going to call me beautiful?" Jasper teased. 

"You're always beautiful, cowboy." 

The pair let out laughs and while he accepted the compliment, "We have to hurry, reservations are at six-thirty." 

"Have fun you two." Alice waved from the top of the stairs. 

"See you later, Alice." Luna called up "Thanks again." 

Jasper opened the front door and led Luna outside to his car, opening the other door for her. She thanked him and slid inside, closing it behind her. Seconds later he took a seat in the driver's side and turned the car on, shifting it into drive. Jasper sensed her happy feeling, and he smiled at her fondly. 

He noted, "It's not often that you're this happy." 

"It's not often that I get to do things like this." She added, "You should have told me we were going to dinner, I would have eaten before I came if I had known." 

"Why would I do that?"

"Because," She began "you can't eat it so you'll just be sitting there." 

Jasper chuckled "It's the experience, Luna, I don't mind sitting there as long as I'm with you." 

The black-haired girl couldn't help the expression on her face. She felt Jasper take her hand and rest his arm on the center console. 

"You know," He started telling her "when I was human I never went on any 'dates'. Of course, I had girlfriends but, I never got the experiences that most humans do." 

"You had a girlfriend? What was she like?" Jasper bit the inside of his cheek, sparking a bit of curiosity in Luna's mind but she quickly told him "If it's not something you like talking about then you don't have to tell me." 

He shook his head "No, it's okay, her name was Maria. She was the one who-" He paused and looked at Luna. 

"The one who turned you." She completed.