10: If There Was a Way

Art by Nixakimbo

Normal Pov:

Julia felt sick as she read those words. She didn't know what he could mean by that, it could mean lots of things. It could mean he knows about how nice she is towards James. It could mean he knows that she had been sneaking extra helpings just to feed the man. Or, no, he couldn't mean that.

"Julia?" She jumped from her seat and hid the paper quickly before answering the door." Yes?" She asked after opening it only to see Radburn standing behind it." Oh thank god it's you, get in here." She pulled him into her office before shutting and locking the door behind her." Look at his." She said to him after handing him the crumpled up paper from her pocket." This is bad." He said after looking back up at her." You think?" Julia walked around to her desk and sat on it." What if he knows?" Radburn sighed and looked back down at the paper." It's not completely out of the question." Julia only groaned.

Radburn had found out about Julia and James not long after their make out session in the showers. He always knew there was something going on just by the way they looked at each other but he could never put his finger on it, then all of his suspicions were solved when he accidentally opened the cell door and found them making out yet again in James cell. He didn't say anything though." I'm not a snitch." He told Julia, and he swore not to tell.

"What happens now?" He asked after sitting down next to her." I don't know, if he knows which he probably does then I'm screwed." Radburn thought for a moment before he got an idea." Okay, hear me out on this one." He started as Julia looked over at him." What if, we, start braking down on his suspicions and tell Zola he's wrong? Because if he had already fiscally and verbally hurt you then you have evidence against him, and if he had been hurting the Assets personal nurse then he could get extremely punished for it." Julia nodded." That is true. But what if he has evidence against me? Then our plead will be in vain."

There was a knock on the door which made both Julia and Radburn jump up from their seats on the desk. Julia walked over to it and unlocked the door, opening it slowly." Ah, Julia." Zola said." My I come in?" Julia stepped aside as Radburn awkwardly stood in the middle of the room." You can leave now, thank you." Julia said to Radburn who just nodded and headed to the door.

After he had left Zola turned to you." I know I shouldn't be nosy but why was he here?" "I needed to ask him a few questions regarding the training schedule for the asset, just so I know when to get him ready, fed, and so on." He nodded." I see." Zola walked around Julia's office as he looked at the folders on her desk and a few other things.

"I am here regarding the time we had agreed to refreeze the asset." Julia's heart started to race at the thought of not having him near here anymore, even if just for a short time." We are pushing the date out, about three weeks, I know that is much further then we planed on but we lack the equipment to do a complete freeze." Julia felt like the world had been picked up off of her shoulders." So will I still need to prepare him for Cryo or just wait till the time is closer?" Zola looked at her and smiled." When the time is closer, thank you." He left her office right after thanking her.

Julia sat down at her desk and sighed." I'm so fucked." She told herself as she thought back on all that had accrued with in the last 24 hours.

Julia decided to actually do something with her day and find something she could do with James. Julia knew he was probably hungry because she was too. She stopped at the kitchen and gathered some food then she got an idea.

She went to the shower room and got out everything she would need to shave, cut, and wash James hair. He hadn't had a good hair cut or shave in a while, she could tell. She took a towel and gathered all the food she had gotten in it and made it back to his cell.