Once I was on solid ground my head lolled to the side and I passed out.

I WOKE up to voices.

"It was so unlike him," Thomas was muttering.

There was the sound of clinking dishes. The smell of cooked meat filled my senses. "It's not him, per say, it's what's inside him." Clarissa replied thoughtfully.

"What do you mean?" My mother sounded tired...all this must have been a lot for her. Being so far from her mate and all...

"I mean you have a dominate personality growing in the child inside him. Since he's an omega it's going to change his emotions quite a bit, especially when he gets nearer to his due date."

"Which is?"

"February or late January. It's difficult to tell which." Clarissa stated. "I've held off telling him so he could avoid the unneeded stress. I'll be letting him know soon. As long as the scars don't tear, which I don't think they will, he can go home next week."

"And his mate?"

"He can't be claimed until he gives birth firstly and secondly I worry about his mate's adaptation to another male's child. You know how wolves can be."

"But Liam is a--"

"Werewolf. Like you and me. His love for his mate is strong; hopefully stronger than his urge to kill the pup."

"Liam would never." Snapped my mother as if the idea of it actually offended her.

It bothered me too. It also frightened me. Liam was gentle but...he could be rough too.

Deciding to avoid the unneeded stress I just rejoiced at the pleasant news that I could possibly go home soon.

My eyes slid open and my brow furrowed. I was upstairs, in my bedroom. How could I hear them all the way up here? I was an omega. We had okay senses but nothing like this...

It must have been the baby.

Almost on cue pains started to pop up on my body, starting with my hips (surprise, surprise) and ending with my neck and the beginnings of a migrane. Moaning softly I struggle to get up, a bit impressed with new heightened hearing. It then dawned on me the way I'd acted before I passed out and what I'd done and said it my father. Terror filled my small body as I thought of the pain he had tried to inflict on me. I had been punished before, yes, but never with his hand. It was always known that he was too strong. He could hurt me too terribly but...yesterday he hadn't cared. Because I didn't submit to his will. Because of the way he spoke about my child.

I didn't feel so angry now, just deeply disturbed by his lack of caring and quite honestly, I wanted to cry. It made me question if the anger was truly mine or my baby's future temper that took control of my body momentarily? Figuring that was a good Clarissa question, I heaved m self to my feet, groaning all the way. As expected I found them in the dining room, feasting on partridge breasts slathered in butter and a sauce Clarissa called 'barbeque'. It was sweet and tangy... I loved it. "Hey, Little Wolf." Thomas set down his fork patting the chair to his left. "Hungry?"

My stomach growled making me nod my head. I felt famished. These last few days however, all I wanted to do was eat. I'd tried to pace myself, afraid all the eating would make me fat but Clarissa said I'd actually lost weight despite my ballooning tummy and I needed to be a lot to keep the baby healthy.

So I gave in.

I took my seat, forking a piece of the warm, juicy meat onto my plate, happily piling creamy, buttery mashed potatoes beside it. As much as I normally loved red meat whenever I tried to eat I always got sick so I came to the conclusion the baby did not like it. Poultry however, we simply could not get enough of. "Are you feeling alright, Colton?" Asked Clarissa looking at me worriedly, clearly talking about this morning.