Semantics

The office was full of hushed whispers. Everyone knew what was going on, and it was all they could talk about, but no one wanted to get caught gossiping. Even though it was their job to find, figure out, and lock up the bad guys, there was just something taboo about talking so openly. Still, Y/N would never get used to the way her subordinates would fall silent and stare as she walked by.

"Does he look antsy?" She asked as she opened the door to the interrogation room, San, Seonghwa, and Hongjoong all congregated there.

"Surprisingly, yes," Seonghwa informed her, "Despite our assumptions that he was a confident and unrestrained killer who takes pride in his murders, he seems surprisingly nervous."

"Sweating, fidgeting with his hands, glancing around more quickly than would be expected, it all makes him appear almost paranoid." Hongjoong agreed. "You said he confessed to the crimes at the arrest site?"

"Well, not exactly. You heard what he said on the phone, though, he said it would do him no good to deny it." She reminded him.

"I don't know how well that'll hold up in court." Hongjoong sighed. "Normally, a witness testimony that's convincing enough can get a criminal like this put away. Small evidence goes a long way when a jury is swayed, but... If the witness is The Killer, I'm not so sure how they'll feel."

"I can't just testify anonymously?" San asked.

"You already know that's illegal." Hongjoong looked annoyed that he even asked.

"Plus, I don't know if your ego would allow it." She added. He shrugged, not bothering to argue- maybe it was true. Either way, he wouldn't be able to hide his true identity in court. Was there really a chance Wooyoung could wriggle out of this and escape before they had anything on him?

"He's been in there for long enough." Hongjoong said, looking over. "I think it's time we begin."

"Alright." She took a deep breath. She couldn't deny that she'd been stalling a bit, but as soon as she got into the flow of things, it would all go smoothly. They had a foolproof plan. Well, maybe not foolproof, but at least pretty good. They wanted to involve as few extraneous investigators as possible, especially with San around, so it would be limited to the four people in this room, as well as their killer.

She was going to be the one to interrogate him. On a base level, most male killers had narcissistic tendencies, even if they weren't actually suffering from the disorder, so he was less likely to see her as a threat. He had opened up to her briefly before, so there was a chance he would do it again. Also... there was the fact that Hongjoong had, obviously, wanted to know what he had told her in the warehouse, and she had refused. As much as she'd wanted to tell him, there was a chance San could find out, or at the very least that she'd make her boss worry for nothing. Either way, Hongjoong wanted her running the interrogation on the off-chance that he repeated himself.

She was first going to ask him for a confession. If he refused, they'd reset to other tactics. Showing him pictures of the murders, prodding for evidence of deception, it was all very textbook, but it would work. She couldn't wait to put this whole thing to rest. There would always be more murderers out there, but closing this case would help a lot of families cope, as well as put not one, but two of the bad guys back.

"You ready?" Hongjoong asked as she stepped towards the door.

"Yes, sir. I have my ear piece on, so let me know if any new evidence comes through."

"Come out if you need anything." What he really meant was come out if it becomes too much to handle, but that wasn't going to happen. She wouldn't let it. Not looking back, she opened the door, striding in very calmly with several manilla folders under her arm. Shutting it behind her, she sat.